Tuesday, February 5, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 5

The Rainy Day

The day is cold and dark and dreary;

It rains, and the wind is never weary;

The vine still clings to the moldering wall,

But at every gust the dead leaves fall,

And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold and dark and dreary;

It rains, and the wind is never weary;

My thoughts still cling to the moldering past,

But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,

And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;

Behind the clouds is the sun still shining:

Thy fate is the common fate of all:

Into each life some rain must fall,

Some days must be dark and dreary

Henry W. Longfellow

GOOD MORNING

As our day is supposed to be a rainy one, I thought the poem above very appropriate. Tomorrow it will get colder again and possibly snow they say, but there is no sunshine coming our way .

It is an amazing 54 degrees according to my computer this morning. It won’t last, I know. Officially they do say WINTER is now half way over. We still have the other half to go.

I will definitely be on my TRIP TO THE BEACH today. My mind will be there for sure, but not the body. It will be at work as usual. People will probably look at me and what on earth I’m smiling about, little will they know I’m really at the beach.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

If it weren't for the dark days,

we wouldn't know what it is to

walk in the light.

Earl Campbell

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

be careful..they might think you are smiling about something a little naughtier than the beach...;-) but who cares?
I should go to the beach today..we are supposed to hit 80...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will enjoy your visit to the beach you can even imagine the sun is shining as you dip your toes in the water :o) ~ your little Rainy Day poem suits the weather her perfectly today ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

The poem is approriate for our weather today ,Can Ijoin you at the beach ,we can paddle to gether in the warm surf ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh how you love the beach and I am so near and I suppose don't appreciate it at all.The sun is shing on the beach today but still it is bitterly cold.Love the graphics you have used so appropraiate.Thought for today so true.I hope you enjoy you visit and get a few smiles back .Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I enjoy Easter so much when it arrives with the green grass and the Easter Lilies in display. :-)  Seems everything is ever so dead but spring appears in such glory! I am ever so aware of Jesus at Easter time! To me the winter was when he was going through the storm and spring is when He arose! Praise the Lord!! Happy thoughts today. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I just wish I could be somewhere warm, where I didn't have to bundle up everytime I went outside.  Can't wait for Spring, we're due for more snow tonight.  Joni

Anonymous said...

A beach trip sounds good right now.  I may join you there.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I did myself up ready for the cold and when i walked out it was a lovely warm spring day.  Didn't last though before it rained and got colder.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

The beach is a great place to be. Enjoy your trip!
Pam