Sunday, February 17, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 17

A SMILE MAKES THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE

A warm smile can make a child feel better as well as cheer up an old man. It can soften hearts and firm up commitments. It can mend friendships and break tensions.

Perhaps most important of all a smile can make the world a better place for the person who gives it – you !

Humor is not just about telling, listening and laughing at jokes, it is about perceiving and chuckling at the absurdities of everyday life. We can find something in each of our heartaches and hard times, to laugh about

Watch children that are learning a new game, they know that doing things imperfectly is part of the learning process, that trying to do new things leads to new insights, a new way of looking at things and new skills. Instead of being embarrassed by failure, they LAUGH, jump up and try again.

Next time you find yourself getting uptight, relax a minute and look for the lighter side. It can make our difficult lives so much easier when we put them in perspective.

Bits and pieces from my daily devotionals this week

 GOOD MORNING !

This is R& R day and I’m off to a good start on that for sure. On the weekends I move pretty slow and easy through the days. I don’t get as much done as I once did and I’m learning to accept that is ok.

I work a long 5 day work week and need the weekend to refresh and renew me just as my trip to church every Sunday morning does. No matter how old I may get I know I’ll never stop learning and the good Lord always manages to teach me a few new things.

DD and I will be off on our shopping expedition and hopefully I’ll find some good buys.  It is raining buckets here today and I know the first thing we’ll do will be lunch. The food court there has a good variety of things offered, so we’ll find something good there to eat. I usually count on the trip to stock up on some things that would usually cost a lot more. I’ll be letting you know tomorrow if I found any good buys.

If I don’t it won’t be a wasted trip as I’ll have spent the afternoon with my daughter and that is always a good thing. I always feel this way about spending time with any of my ‘babes’ . They are all special and all have their families and work etc to keep them busy so any time I get to spend with them is precious.

I hope you all find some special way to bless your soul today. Just know that I’m always praying and that what ever you may be in need of right now, our good Lord knows and he hears and answers all our prayers.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

On My Knees

There are days when I feel

The best of me is ready to begin.

Then there’re days when I feel

I’m letting go and soaring on the wind.

 ‘Cause I’ve learned in laughter or in pain

How to survive: I get on my knees

There I am before the love that changes me.

See I don’t know how

But there’s power

When I’m on my knees

recorded by Jaci Velasquieze on her CD “Heavenly Place”

May your day be blessed by a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 MA

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some more lovely words here today again  My mUM  always said ''you are never to old to learn if your not too silly '' ,I like the thought of the children ,so true, laughing at their mistakes ,Have a lovely day, hope you find many bargains ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a nice worship and then a nice shopping adventure.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great relaxing weekend. I smile a lot that's for sure. I love seeing people smile.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are having a good weekend. We couldn't get out again this Sunday. there is an inch or more of ice under the snow we are getting. should be at least 10 more inches before its finished. they are telling everyone to stay off the roads and everything has been cancelled including church so you know how bad it is... when will spring come anyway... lol
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Your children are lucky to have you as their Mom. Enjoy your time with your daughter. It's treasured time to be sure.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Usually a smile receives another smile. :-) I really don't get much done with Gary being retired. Sad part about it is that I don't worry enough about it. lol We got our rain last night. Those are the words of a song I have sang before. Sounds a lot like myself. Great song. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

hope you and your daughter have fun.
They do make good shopping partners.
I love buying for mine, almost as much as for myself.

Anonymous said...

Love this entry.  What a difference it makes when your smile is returned!  It's a good thing we have the weekends in between working!  Gives us a chance to try and revive!  Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.  Blessings, Linda