Tuesday, February 19, 2008

BOOK O8, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 19

 

GIVE US DAILY AWARENESS

On life’s busy thoroughfares

We meet with angels unawares

So Father make us kind and wise

So we may always recognize

The blessings that are ours to take

The friendships that are ours to make

If we but open our heart’s door wide

To let the sunshine of love inside

Helen Steiner Rice

Good Morning !

Here I am once more sipping my good cup of coffee and trying very hard to wake up. Our days are getting longer now and I’ve noticed a slight light on the horizon on my way to work in the morning. Soon we’ll be having more sunshine too.

Work is very quiet and for the 3rd week in a row now all of our employees are laid off. The work I’m doing is clearing out old files. There is a lot of them as they want to condense a lot of things and that means someone has to get rid of them…that’s me for sure.

One thing I’ve noticed is that in this cold dry weather, my skin is very dry and handling all that paper is making my hands seem like sand paper. I thought they were bad before, but now they are much worse. I’ve got a bottle of hand lotion right by my desk so I remember to put it on often.

Yesterday the banks and post offices were closed because of the President’s Day Holiday, so at least today there will be mail to sort and I’ve some deposits to make at the bank too. I know that soon we’ll be getting very busy once again, so I’d just better appreciate the slow and easy task I’ve been given.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When someone living in the desert sees snow for the first time, it is a big miracle for him.

He hears the snow, he feels it, he tastes it, and he perceives it with all his senses.

When someone living in the mountains sees snow, he does not even perceive it, as for him, it is something quite ordinary.

Make it an exercise to perceive things with all your senses, as if you were seeing them for the first time

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a wonderful day back at work. My hands are rough this time of year. I want more sunshine that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that it is light for almost my entire run in the evening now!  Yeah!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Good thought for today... the rose beneath the snow. Amazing isn't it? With your work.. I'm sure a break in the middle of winter is nice. About the snow in the desert... that is a great example. I am sure one day I will use that example to explain something. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

my skin is dry too.  It is this cold weather I guess..
I love the yellow rose..so sad about the layoffs hope all those people get other jobs.
Have a good week..

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture of a rose with snow ,and lovely words below it ,each day you comeup with something different and inspiring ,dont forget your handcream lol ...love Jan xx