Thursday, February 7, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 7

What is home?

A roof to keep out the rain?

Four walls to keep out the wind?

Floors to keep out the cold?

Yes, but home is more than that.

It is the laugh of a baby, the song of a mother,

the strength of a father, warmth of loving hearts,

lights from happy eyes, kindness, loyalty, comradeship.

Home is first school and first church for young ones,

where they learn what is right,

 what is good, and what is kind,

where they go for comfort when they are hurt or sick;

where joy is shared and sorrow eased;

where fathers and mothers are respected and loved,

where children are wanted; where the simplest food is good

enough for kings because it is earned;

where money is not as important as loving-kindness;

where even the tea kettle sings from happiness.

That is home. God bless it!

Unattributed

GOOD MORNING !

I’m trying to keep to the subject of the heart this month and when it comes to matters of the heart we certainly cannot leave out home.

All of us make our homes a part of us. We put in little touches of our personalities and our hearts everywhere. We place pictures of our loved ones here and there. We have shelter from the cold and wind, the heat and humidity and the ‘outside’ world in general. Home is the place above all others that we call our own.

My home is old and most everything in it is old. I like it that way. It isn’t fancy, but it is home. I’m comfortable here and I’m happy with it. I would win no prizes for decorating nor for house keeping.

The only thing missing most of the time is people and that is something I’m still dealing with. Even though the babes have been grown and gone for sometime now I love it when they come home.

Each day it’s off to work I go and I’m always thankful to have home waiting for me after work in the evening.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Where is home?

Home is where the heart can laugh without shyness.

Home is where the heart's tears can dry at their own pace.

Vernon Baker

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the lovely old song : ''Bless this house ,Oh Lord We pray ,Make it safe by night and Day ''...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I always say "Home Is Where The Heart Is" and it is so true.
Wherever you wander
Wherever you roam.
Be it ever so humble.
Theres no place like home.
Thankyou for this lovely post once again .I hope you have a very nice day at work today and a few smiles along the way, also a little sunshine to warm your heart.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

You're right there's no place like home.  I woud win no awards either, but every time I walk through the door I heave a sigh of relief, my heart feels good here.  Great entry, Joni

Anonymous said...

My house has old things in it, too! My dining set is from the 60's. There are no awards here...but it keeps me warm and safe. That's all I ask.
Great entry.
Pam

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful word..... H O M E !  I'm so thankful for my home.  Thank you so much for this entry.  It has really made me think about my H O M E !  It's nothing fancy or big,  but yet it's my H O M E !  THANK YOU DEAR LORD FOR MY H O M E!!!


Hollie

Thanks again for making me stop to think about my HOME!

Anonymous said...

Good entry, and how true there is no place like home.
Thank you.
I am printing this out and passing it on.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words about the home. Thanks for sharing. I like to go on vacation but it always feels good to come home. :-) Hope your day has been good. God Bless, Janie