Wednesday, February 13, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 13

If I was one thing, I'd be a candle

Lighting the way so you can handle

Your life easier without woes

Not having to fight with your foes.

I'd help keep you from stumbling over

Things blocking your path to an open door.

If I light your path, life is easier,

Even strong winds, my light will not deter.

No matter what, I'm here for you

To cheer you up when you are blue.

Do not fret when times get tough,

If things look down or kind of rough.

Just remember, I'm always here,

In your heart, close and near.

I will help you out in every way,

Happiness and love in your heart will stay.

Don't blow me out, that's one request

Unless it's me you do detest.

I do not try to hurt anyone

That isn't good or any fun.

But one day you may leave me behind

You may no longer need my light to shine.

If that day comes, go on your way

And I will hope to see you again one day.

If one day, I don't appear,

Do not worry, do not fear

I may be gone, but in your heart

The light I gave you did not depart.

It will be there forever and a day

To always bring happiness and light your way.

Farewell for now, I'm needed elsewhere

If your path grows dark, in your heart, I'm there.

So I'm really not gone, just not seen,

I would not leave, I'm not that mean.

Only one simple request that I must say,

 Please, never forget those who lit your way.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It is WEDNESDAY and we made it over the HUMP once more. Halfway through this work week once again.

February certainly has brought us a variety of weather so far. Last week we were having rain storms and flooding, this week below freezing temps and snow and ice . The only people that were happy were the kids that got off school one day because it was so cold.

March usually brings us lots of wind and we certainly have had that too ! It keeps us all on our toes for sure. I’m not much of a ‘white knuckle ‘ driver. Last evening the roads were very icy coming home and my grip on the steering wheel was so tight I had to remind myself to loosen up.

Everyone was going slow so there weren’t any problems, thank the good Lord. Today should be a little calmer and by evening they say we could see the sun peep through briefly. We’ll see…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A candle's but a simple thing

It starts with just a bit of string

Yet dipped and dipped with patient hand

it gathers wax right up the strand

Until, complete with snowy white

it gives at last a lovely light

Life is so like that bit of string

each deed we do, a simple thing

Yet day by day if on life's strand

we work with patient heart and hand

It gathers joy, makes dark days bright

and gives at last a lovely light

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 

MA

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it "better to light one little candle than to curse the darkness"?  You are lighting that candle with your uplifting entries.  They always lift my spirits.
Write on, ma.

Anonymous said...

Jesus bids us shine with a pure clear light ,like a little candle burning in the night ,in this world of darkness ,we will shine ,you in your small corner and I in mine ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love the Valentine at the top. It is so cute. Have a great hump day.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Be safe driving in that ice. Scary!
Have a good day today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I glad you made it home safe and sound yesterday. i hate bad roads in winter too. Sandra

Anonymous said...

It certainly has us baffled this month the weather.Today has been like middle of summer until 2pm then it has been thick fog and freezing conditions all afternonn.Brrrrr.Safe journeys to you on the way home from work.The candle always shines bright in your corner of J/land.I love to come here, it lights up my day on every visit. I hope you get a few smiles today and a little sunshine as predicted to warm your heart.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That is a cute little poem. :-) Yes the weather has sure been different. lol The weather here got a little better. Hope the weather lightens up for you on driving to and from work. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

This winter has sure taken a toll on all of us.  I just can't remember such a long cold, snowy, rainy winter before this one.  Is it me or is it really a BAD winter?  Hmmmm....I see light at the end of the tunnel....yep, it's warm sunshine.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

Be Safe!!
Linda :)