Friday, February 8, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 8

 

Your time is limited,

so don't waste it living someone else's life.

Don't be trapped by dogma -

which is living with the results of other people's thinking.

Don't let the noise of others' opinions

drown out your own inner voice.

And most important, have the courage

to follow your heart and intuition.

They somehow already know

what you truly want to become.

Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs Co-Founder and CEO of Apple Computer

GOOD MORNING !

I feel like I’ve been following my heart for a very long time. God, Home and family have always been the most important things in my life.

I had such a love of family that when anyone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would say I wanted to be a good wife and a good mom. Maybe I idealized what these words meant. I wanted to make the ones I loved happy above anything else.

I worked before children (BC) but was able to stop and stay home with them til the oldest was almost 13 and the youngest was 4. Those years were the happiest of my life. I followed my dream and the dream was fulfilled.

Life happens and things don’t always turn out as you plan. There were days when I wondered why I wanted to be a mom of a large family for sure. I cried when what I tried to do went wrong. And I laughed with enthusiasm when they went right.

More times than I can count I was the one who spilt the milk after admonishing my babes to be careful. I’m still a mom so my heart is still fulfilled.

In a day and age when large families are not popular and to be a SAHM is not encouraged. I was able to delight in my hearts desire at least for a little while. The good Lord blessed me with 7 beautiful babes and no my life wasn’t all a bed of roses. But I stood fast to what I believed in for sure and loved it very much.

I would never trade any of those years raising a family for all the treasures on earth. What a blessing they all are to me.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There are many things in life that will catch your eye -

but only a few things will catch your heart.

Pursue those!

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This posting could have been written by myself Pam,only mine were a family of four.I just have the same feeling too.So much so I know one day I shall go ahead and follow my heart and go back home to live.I much rather be near my loved ones than the ocean. I much rather be around them,and wait to see the ocean ,not have to wait to see my family.Thankyou for sharing this today and I am so happy you have such a wonderful family who look after you like they do.You deserve it.You are a wonderful Mum and Grandma .Have a lovely Friday,I hope you get a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart.Prayers being said for all the people in USA in that very bad explosion in Georgia in the sugar factory.My heart aches for there families.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Dear Ma........,
       I am an orphan,  (never said those words before), can you adopt me?
Even though we are close the same age?  (Smile) And had the same life experiences you told about in this entry,  made the same choices to stay home with children while they bloomed.  Very touching, wonderful mother.  I haven't regretted it either.     Keep smiling, keep on writing.  Our hearts touch.     Pat

Anonymous said...

I love that quote at the top about having limited time and not living someone elses life!  Linda

Anonymous said...

After reading your entry and the comments, I can't believe how many of us have lived the same life, and now here we are connecting in this journal.  Amazing isn't it when you look at the way life around us is now.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I had the same dreams and desires as you when I was young...wanted a family and to be a Mom.  It is a never ending desire...love it...and also being a Grandmother makes me even happier.  Have a lovely weekend..hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I too was a SAHM. Money was short and I quickly learned to be ultra thrifty; I could write a book on how to live on next to nothing - but wouldn't have traded a minute of those precious years. Now, like you, I have those precious little grandkids. Life is wonderful, despite the setbacks.
Take care my friend.
Love Sylvia xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam4000/YeOldeEnglishPosy/

Anonymous said...

Sometimes hard to be one's self. lol Great entry. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I do agree with you Pam ,noone can take those precious years away from us ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't trade it either....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

God blessed you with a big family!  Would be very lonely without them now I know.  
Nice blessings he gives.
Sonya