Thursday, February 21, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 21

 

A story about a woodcutter.

He had an axe that was dull; the blade needed to be sharpened. A stranger came up to him and said, "You know, if you just stop working and take time to sharpen that blade, everything would go so much more smoothly."

And the woodcutter was frantic. He said, "Forget it. I don't have time to stop and sharpen my blade. I've got things to do. I've got a family to support." And he just kept on keeping on. Things were not going well.

Sometimes when I'm sitting at my computer And I say to myself, you might be busy, but if you take five minutes, and you just get up and you do some stretches ... or you take 10 minutes and go out and take a walk ... or if you just take two minutes and close your eyes and do some breathing you like the wood cutter's blade will be sharp, and the rest of your work so much better

So remember, the next time you're having a really busy day, take the time and sharpen your blade.

GOOD MORNING !

We made it over the hump and can now slide on in to the weekend. Yesterday I just didn’t have much energy to do anything. The smallest of tasks seemed to need a huge effort on my part to get them done. When I finally got home from work I put my pj’s on and relaxed.

I probably would have napped at my computer had it not been for the fact that both my bosses were in the office. My now retired boss was in town for a few days as he had a doctor’s appointment and his SIL, my other boss, must have thought he needed to be there too.

Hopefully, today will be a little better as I made the effort to get to bed on time. I really feel it if I miss out on an hour of sleep and that’s what I’d done the night before last.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Consequences are unpitying.

George Eliot

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 

MA

 

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear ,never mind its nearly the weekend again ,I know just how you feel ,I got very weary before I retired ,you seem to give work all you've got then theres not alot left for your self ,keep using the handcream lol ! love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

So true about the ax. I never can understand why my husband does not read the directions on putting something together??  He knows how to do it. lol Then discovers he didn't know as much as he thought. lol This is a fast paced world that we live in now. Hope you get some sunshine today. We had sleet and snow this morning. Seems like it has been a long winter... but the crops should be good this year. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Before you know it Spring will be here and you'll be going to your camping spot with your family.  It is important to take a moment and relax now and then, no matter what, everything else will still be there waiting for us.  Yeah tomorrow's friday.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I always tell the boys when they are getting upset over a school assignment to just walk away for a minute and an idea may come to them.....
Take care of you....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I do hope you can get some rest soon.....our bodies tell us to slow down when we nap....have a great end to your week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I hope you get enough sleep tonight so you can feel well tomorrow.
Pam