Sunday, February 3, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 3

 

Speak gently.

It is better by far to rule by love than fear.

Speak gently. Let no harsh word mar the good you may do here.

Speak gently to the young, for they will have enough to bear;

pass through this life as best they may, 'tis full of anxious care.

Speak gently to the aged one Grieve not the care-worn heart,

whose sand of life are nearly run, let such in peace depart.

Speak gently, kindly to the poor, let no harsh tone be heard.

They have enough they must endure without an unkind word.

Speak gently... 'tis a little thing dropped in the heart's deep

well; The good, the joy that it may bring eternity shall tell.

Author Unknown

 

GOOD MORNING !

It is R & R day once more. Another Sunday to renew and refresh my self for the coming week. I was so tired out from last week that I really didn’t do anything but rest yesterday.

Today then, I’m hoping to be refreshed. I cannot start another work week with out it. So I am off to church as always and will be praying for all of you . I know that we all need them for sure.

I do hope that you all find some special ways to renew and refresh your selves today also. I suppose that a lot of people will be watching the SUPER BOWL today, but I’m not a sports fan so I’ll be thinking up some other way to spend the afternoon. Weekends go by so fast, I really never have to wonder what to do.

TODAY’S THOUGHT

Whatever we are willing for--peace of mind, contentment,

grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance--

it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it

with an open and grateful heart.

Sarah Ban Breathnach

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not really a sports fan either. But, I do watch the Superbowl with friends.
Hope you enjoy your day of RR.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your graphics and uplifting words.  You probably don't even know it, but just by taking the time to write your entires you help us in so many ways.  The positive happiness shines and is so refreshing.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

My hubby is planning to watch the Super Bowl, but I won't be watching either.  I'm not a sports fan.  Have a great day.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Where your people are watching Superbowl,our sports fans  are watching The Six Nations Rugby Matches,this weekend on TV .So I am catching up on comments,just now.I have just cooked Sunday lunch, then I am going to relax and have a nap Zzzz LOL!! I too feel so tired this weekend for some reason or another.Maybe this very cold winter gale force wind is taking it's toll on me.I do not like to go out in the strong winds and I must admit, I feel refreshed when I can have a walk out.So I have missed my walks this week due to the nast weather .I hope you have a  lovely relaxing day yourself.Lovely verse and lovely words from your Dear heart once again .Thankyou for sharing .Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That verse is beautiful, and very true.
love the ducks!

Anonymous said...

I loved that verse ~ "Speak Gently" ~ May your day be a blessed one ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Maurice had to work today so this is a no sport zone lol ,lovely words from you again today ,with love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Great entry about speaking. Thank you for the prayers; sure we can all use them. :-) I am not a sports fan either. Hope you had a great day. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I'm sending hubby off for some deli chicken and then a movie with the boys....
Have a great Monday!
Linda :)