Thursday, November 8, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 8

Look after yourself every day and put forth your best effort to love yourself enough to do what's best.

Oprah Winfrey

GOOD MORNING !

We really do have to love ourselves enough to do what's best. If we can't do what's best for ourselves, we'll have big problems helping others.

In my daily meditations yesterday, I read that we should give ourselves the gift of patience. Without it we have no hope. Patience helps you grow and nourishes compassion and empathy. It will make you a stonger person. So if things aren't going your way today, Be patient! Patience is the main ingredient that helps us to get over troubled times.

When we are continually frustrated, agitated, disappointed or even depressed, it is a sign of opposing wills inhabiting our one self. It is a sign that you have veered away from your Life Blueprint for fulfillment.

"That's life!" you may say. Yes, that is life for those who aren't willing to embrace the challenge life has presented to them. It has presented the opportunity to change.

Laura Berman Fortgang

I felt there were lots of good and encouraging words there, so forgive me for going on and on with the snippets of my devotionals. I know I benefited from reading them, maybe you will too.l

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

Warm clothing towear and chili dogs for lunch

It was a BrrrChilll kind of day for sure

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When we learn to say a deep, passionate yes to the things that really matter. . . then peace begins to settle onto our lives like golden sunlight sifting to a forest floor.

Thomas Kinkade

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

            MA

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah I Never ask for paitience lol you know whta happens lol

Anonymous said...

I think I was blessed with plenty pacience Thank the good Lord.At times it may not seem so in my written words,but I real do have lots.It was one of my Dear Mothers continuous sayings.Pacience is a virtue,when we were small and got annoyed with things,we found difficult to do. LOL!!My Mother had the pacience of Job as the saying goes,so if I have half as much as she had I am happy.I love reading your devotionals so continue to please..Have a lovely Thursday.May joy find your heart too.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I'm getting much more patient, especially since I retired.  I'm trying to happen on the good things that happen every day.  And not worry so much.  Love the kittens.  Have a good day, JOni

Anonymous said...

Idont think I was blessed with patience ,but I am getting better ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I seem to be getting worse as i get older.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I don't have the patience that I should have at times, but I'm trying to get better in mu old age.  Have a good evening.
Hollie

Anonymous said...

Another great entry. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week. Not too long for you to go. lol God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I try very hard to have patience. Some days are good some well not so good.

Anonymous said...

I am working on the gift of patience, myself.  Daily!!!  Hope you have a wonderful day...hugs and love,
Joyce