Wednesday, November 7, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 7

Begin today by saying THANK YOU

There is so much to be grateful for.

Each new day is 24 new hours to live...

and celebrate life.

GOOD MORNING !

Yesterday was a day so filled with blessings that I hardly know where to start. It was still very hectic at work and yes, more things for me to do were piled on my desk and no, they are not all done yet.

But...there were so many other joys that I really wasn't bothered . On my lunch hour I found a wonderful gift and antique store to browse around in and got a few treasures for Christmas presents.

My boss' sister came by the office with a few more ideas for gifts too. She's becoming my personal shopper. Last year she did the same thing. She knows that I can't get out to shop much so when she goes she keeps me and my large family in mind. I really feel like I'm ahead for the first time on the Christmas list thing.

For new readers to my journal, I do have 7 children (6 boys and 1 girl.) They have blessed me with 11 grandchildren. So if I say DS#1 that means my oldest son and on down 1, 2, 3 ,4 , 5, and 6. DD is my Darlin' Daughter and DSIL means Darlin' Son-in-law. DDIL means Darlin'Daughter In Law. I hope this makes sense. I just try to abbreaviate to make for quicker writing. So with all the Babes and there spouses and the grand'babes' I do have around 25 people to shop for. Plus I have other friends I buy for too.

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

The roofing company came right to our rescue when the garage roof blew off in the high winds we had yesterday.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Count your blessings. Isn't it wonderful to be alive?

May Joy find your heart and warm your soul,

MA

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeha the shopping list grows as our children do !!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for answering those questions!!!  I have four boys and one girl.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure what DS#1 was but I thought it was someone in your family. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Have a great day.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

How nice the boss's wife helps you with your gift list.Mine is slowy going down.I am hoping all will be finished shortly.It's the card writing which gets to me now.That old arthritis kicks in at the wrist.Maybe one day technology will do that for us who knows?I hope your lile of work doesn't get too high for you today.I love to browse the shops and the one you found souns delightful.Joy found my heart today in that my problem was corrected and I was able to comment here again .Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://jorurnals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Oh that is great to have a helper with Christmas. So nice of her. Yes good to just be alive. Have a wonderful day with lots of blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

How lovely of the lady to keep you and your family in mind when she is shopping ,what a help that must be ,can I borrow her ? ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.  How in the world do you manage to buy for all of them?  You definitely need a personal shopper....maybe 3 or 4 of them.   You are so BLESSED to have such a wonderful family.  Thanks for explaining the abbreviation system.  I understand totally now.  I'm glad that the roofing comapny came to your rescue.  Have a great evening!!!
Hollie

Anonymous said...

That is so nice of you that you make each of them feel special with a gift.  No matter the cost, it is the thought.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy