Thursday, November 29, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 29

Christmas is a time of love,

A time of joy and cheer.

Christmas is a peaceful time,

That wondrous time of year.

A time of faith, a time of hope,

Of friendships much more true;

Christmas is a joyous time

When love shall come to you.

Christmas is a little child.

It's tinsel shining bright,

Frosted windows, snowy lanes,

Candles in the night.

It's Santa Claus and dreams come true,

So much that gladness sees;

It's holly wreaths and silver bells

And star-tipped Christmas trees.

Christmas is a place called home...

A door thrown open wide;

A crackling fire all aglow

And loving hearts inside.

It's happy faces, shining eyes,

Soft music in the air;

It's tissue, ribbon, cards to write

And secrets everywhere.

Christmas is a lighted church...

The very nicest part,

Believing in a special way

A prayer that fills your heart.

It's friendliness so much more real,

A blessing from above;

 Christmas is the special time

We greet the folks we love.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I've got Christmas on my mind alot these days. So much to do in so little time it seems. I've been shopping and am almost done with that and I've started the cards and will hopefully get them done this weekend, but my I do have a lot of gifts to sort and wrap.

I usually sort out gifts for each family and then count them to make sure all is even and no one is forgotten. You see even if they are all grown, they'll count up to make sure no one has got more than the other...kids never do grow up.

That is the chore ahead of me...maybe by next week I'll have least got that much done. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

It's not the glow you feel when snow appears,

It's not the Christmas card you've sent for years,

Not the joyful sound when sleigh bells ring,

Or the merry songs children sing.

The little things you do on Christmas Day

Will not bring back the friend you've turned away.

So may I suggest the secret of Christmas

Is not the things you do at Christmas time,

But the little things you do all year through.

Author unknown

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

MA

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haa Haaa Your family sound just like mine, Bless em ! ,,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yeah I think they are worse when they get older lol about counting gifts. See little kids are just all about themselves and opening gifts no matter what everyone else got they are just rushing grabbing nad not taking time to watch anyone else. lol BUT when they get olderrrrrrrrrrrr that isanother story

Anonymous said...

Hi well you are right I put up large christmas bags for each family and as I wrapped them up the presents go in the approprate bag it makes it easier, I then hand over the bag to each family and its done. As usual enjoyed all the christmas poems. keep them coming. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

It's the worst chore of Christmas I think the sorting and wrapping.My arms ache when I have finished just a few..Thats if I get finished at all . I seem to be fastened to the table with cellotape myself some days and I have to call it off.LOL!! .I am sure they must get part of me wrapped up amongst the present in these recent years LOL!!The verses once again I so enjoyed.I have been out shopping once again today and just arrived back had my lunch now doing comments and 2pm already.The days surely do pass quickly.By 3-30pm I have to start evening meal for the worker.I like you seem to have  a full day before I start on gifts and the writing of cards etc.Oh the gifts are certainly checked by the recievers LOL we are all still children at heart I believe and also get so excited..Have a lovely day.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Seems we all have a jump on Christmas this year, it won't even be December til Saturday, lol....
Have a great day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get all accomplished that you want to get done.
Hollie

Anonymous said...

you are such a good mom...so many buy more for one child than the other..

Anonymous said...

LOL They never do grow up, do they? lol God bless and hope you get all things done with ease. Blessings, Janie