Saturday, November 24, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 24

 

Hide me in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 17:8

A farm really isn't a farm unless it's got some hens. The sight of a hen with her chicks is always special. Wherever she goes they will all follow her.

She constantly chuckles and at the sign of danger she will chuckle on a higher note. They will come running to her, disappear under her wings and be out of sight.

It is the image used in psalm 17, ‘hide me in the shadow of your wings.' It is a beautiful image and tells us much about God's love for us and about God's safety, intimacy, tenderness and warmth.

We all need such shelter and protection from all that life throws at us. We all need to hide from time to time. Doing it with God can bring many blessings

Thought For Today by Fr.James McSweeney

GOOD MORNING !

I am up early so that I can get our turkey in the oven for dinner today.  It has been very nice the past 2 days sleeping in a bit.

When I saw the thought for today above, I thought it was appropriate to put in today's entry.  As this mother hen will have some of her chicks return to the roost here today. 

One of our aol journalers always refers to herself as 'mother hen'. he,he.   Once a mom, always a mom for sure. 

We had a grand time yesterday and I hope you enjoy the pictures I put in today.  There should be more tomorrow of our Family Feast that we're having today.

Thankfully I still will have one more day off tomorrow to rest up a bit before returning to work.  It is only 27 degrees here this morning.  Wintertime temps for us here today.  Soon everything will be frozen solid outside and will stay that way for months to come.

 

 

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

GRAND'BABES'

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Are you bored with life?

Then throw yourself into some work

you believe in with all your heart,

live for it, die for it,

and you will find happiness

that you had thought

could never be yours.

Dale Carnegie

 

 

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember learning about the lakes at school ,Lake Erie there it is ,wow ,.your pictures are lovely I bet you have so much fun with your brood as I do with mine ,they are a lovely looking crowd ,and your daughter who is beautiful is just like her Mum ,enjoy you time off Pam ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your photos.  You children are beautiful...loved the one of the boys with their winter hats on!  I hope you & your family have a wonderful day together.
I liked the thought for today.  How true is that????

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Love the photos!
Enjoy today!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

You have fine looking sons, and a lovely dil.
Have a good time today..
but try not to overdo.
Hugs, Cassie

Anonymous said...

man that looks nicer than our crowded malls yesterday

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your ppictures.... all of them. Looks like you had a good day. hope today is as nice
Sandra

Anonymous said...

What a lovely place to visit and walk around!! and your family looks like like they can be a bit silly or mischevious at times, lol...
Happy Thanksgiving Day with your family today!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

You all look so alike.Tallest Son looks like he loves a laugh.Love the hat with the pigtails.Yes my Children  Christened me Motherhen quite a few years ago now LOL.And partner of 32 yrs they have always known as there father from being young babes.The Rooster.He-He.The pictures reflect what a lovely happy time you were all having.The lake reminded me of one of the lakes Son took me to in Loisianna when I was over there in September.Have a wondnerful day and looking forward to more of your pictures they are always a delight to see,that beautiful family of yours.You are blessed.ENJOY.The weather here is bitter and rain I have been out all day shopping in it and I am happy and THANKFUL to the dear Lord to be home safe and sound and warm.Take Care enjoy with your chicks while they are under your wing he-he.God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures, what a nice little town to walk around, where were the other people.  I know you will enjoy your day today with your family, you have a very nice looking family, enjoy those grandkids today.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Great pix thanks for sharing. Glad you had a great time. A late Happy Thanksgiving from me... late on comments. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I hope that your Thanksgiving with your family was wonderful. Enjoy your Sunday.
Love,
Kat