Saturday, November 17, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 17

In the beauty of a snowflake

Falling softly on the land

Is the mystery and miracle

Of God’s great, creative hand!

Helen Steiner Rice

 

 

GOOD MORNING

We did have a few snow flakes floating around yesterday, but not much and no accumulation. One of the young men that works for us came in the office shivering and said how he didn't like this kind of weather. We both agreed that the only really good thing about snow is how pretty it looks. If you don't have to work outside it is great to be inside looking out.

Yet, I do remember how excited the 'babes' would be when it snowed. They couldn't wait to get on the coats and boots and go outside to play in it. They said they never got cold and of course didn't want to come inside either.

I did see something strange on the way home from work. A farmer's feild was totally covered with Canadian Geese. If he had planted something it was surely eaten up by the looks of things. They must be migrating south. I've never seen so many at one time. It would have been something to see that many in flight , but they stayed put as I drove by.

 

 

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

The end of a long work week has finally come and next week is only a 3 day work week. I get Thursday off for Thanksgiving Day and Friday is one of my vacation days

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Hope is so much. Hope grows. Hope rejoices.

Hope struggles. Hope is challenged but it never dies.

It stumbles but it never falls. Hope is life and life is hope.

It's always there and always on the move.

It is imperceptible or outrageously present.

But it is always, always there.

Shana Mongwanga

Whatever any day may bring us, we need hope to cling to and give us the inspiration we all need. During these dark days of November we need some little boost and focus.

As believers we firmly believe that hope is rooted in God. On our own we are limited in what we can do. With God as a part of our lives the overall life picture can make better sense

Thought For Today by Fr.James McSweeney

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Snowman graphics..the only snow we get down here are the Snowbirds..LOL
Have a lovely weekend...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I love one good shut down for a few days snow a year where everything shuts down then Im happy. I bet the geese were neat

Anonymous said...

We don't get much snow here in NW Ga.  If it ever does even the adults are like kids.  I love to watch it snow.  It is so beautiful.  I envy you for your snow.  I would have loved to see those geese.  I know it was amazing to see so many together like that.  I'm looking forward to next week also.  I'll just have to work for 2 days.  I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Hollie                                  

Anonymous said...

We have no snow in the lower hills yet, but it won't be long.  Good thing is it doesn't stay here, like it does in the pass one hour from here.  And I won't have to worry about work this year if it does snow.  Good deal for you next week, 3 days of work and you get to see your family I'm sure.  Have a great week end.  Joni

Anonymous said...

LOL I just love that perfect man!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the children,mine loved the snow too.I love to see it ,but only when I am insdie nice and warm watching it fall.Please keep it over there Thankyou He-He.I have been a ride out today Christmas shopping and we have never seen as many birds in the fields pecking away same as you say about the Geese.(Strange isn't it?) What a wonderful feeling you ahve only athree day working week next week.I am so happy for you.The snowman is very funny.Hope I am sure we all do,throughout our lives.Have a lovely day and a blessed Sunday.Take Care God Bless kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry, thank you for brightening my day. We get very large flocks of Canadian geese locally around here. They certainly can eat!
Hope to give you all some good news after Monday re: house move. Keeping fingers crossed.
Keep well, keep smiling.
Sylvia xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam4000/YeOldeEnglishPosy/
http://journals.aol.co.uk/m100addy/a-scrapbook-of-snapshots/

Anonymous said...

Out driving yesterday saw lots of Canada geese ,no snow yet thankgoodness ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The geese are so gorgeous when they are in flight.  Hope and faith are all we have.  We have to believe.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

We are suppose to have snow Thanksgiving. My youngest son loved to play in the snow.. not me I never wanted to be cold. lol I didn't see them on the ground but couldn't believe my eyes when I saw about 10 flocks flying over my house. I heard them before I saw them. Really amazing! Wishing you a wonderful weekend and happy Thanksgiving. Blessings, Janie