Sunday, November 18, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 18

Thanksgiving is a time of gratitude to God,

our Creator and Provider,

whose guidance and care go before us...

and whose love is with us forever.

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the changes,

to remember that we, too, grow and change

from one season of life to another.

Thanksgiving is a time of changing seasons,

when leaves turn golden in Autumn's wake

and apples are crisp in the first chill breezes of fall.

Let us remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving.

As we see the beauty of Autumn,

let us acknowledge the many blessings which are ours...

let us think of our families and friends..

and let us give thanks in our hearts.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING

R & R day is here once more. I 'll go to church a little later this morning and then will try and finish up what needs to be done before I go back to work tomorrow. I did manage to get the grocery shopping all done for upcoming Thanksgiving Feast yesterday. My cart was full to running over. I know I probably forgot something , but at least the main part of it is done.

I'll be saying a special prayer for all of you today and giving some thanks and praises too for all the many blessings I've received this week.  I do hope you take some time to bless your soul with some R & R  too.  We all need it for sure.

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

Being able to sleep in a little and not have to rush off to work

 

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Count your blessings instead of your crosses;

Count your gains instead of your losses.

Count your joys instead of your woes;

Count your friends instead of your foes.

Count your smiles instead of your tears;

Count your courage instead of your fears.

Count your full years instead of your lean;

Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.

Count your health instead of your wealth;

Count on God instead of yourself.

Author Unknown

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH I wish I could just stay home and sunggly here at home today instead of going to services I really do not want to go

Anonymous said...

Have a good day.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Have a great R&R day.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

WELL THAT IS  BIG JOB OUT OF THE WAY FOR SURE.I AM NOT VERY FOND OF GROCERY SHOPPING,BUT SAY A PRAYER WHEN I DO GO THAT AT LEAST I AM ABLE TO GO DO THIS AND HAVE GOOD FOOD ON THE TABLE AS MANY DO NOT IN TODAYS WORLD.THE LITTLE THINGS  WE FORGET TO PURCHASE AT TIMES .WE HAVE TO DO WITHOUT I ALWAYS TELL MY COMPANY AND FAMILY,I ASK THEM TO THINK OF THE ONES WHO HAVE NOTHING.LOVELY GRAPHICS LOVELY THOUGHT FOR TODAY...... FOR WHAT WE ARE ABOUT TO RECIEVE MAY THE LORD MAKE US TRULY THANKKFUL AMEN.HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY,ENJOY .WHOOPS SORRY ABOUT THE BLOCKS.TAKE CARE GOD BLESS Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

We have to do that shopping today or tomorrow, but are thankful that we can.  Have a great R & R day.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Well done getting your big shop done another chore putting it all away lol ..have a good week ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am happy your shopping is done...the only item I need to run back and get is fresh celery for the stuffing.  Loved your Thought For Today...very nice...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Since I don't cook much anymore, I'm doing it the lazy way this year.  I'm picking everything up ready to heat from one of our favorite "home cooking" restaurants!!!  And I'm grateful for them!  :)  By the way, my article on teaching was written in 1947!!  Have a blessed day. Linda  

Anonymous said...

love your turkey graphic.