Friday, November 23, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 23

Go beyond merely counting your blessings.

Take them out, immerse yourself in their value, and bring them more fully to life each day.

What you're able to make use of most passionately and effectively will then come to you in even greater abundance.

The best way to be thankful for anything is to completely and purposefully put it to use.

Ralph Marston

GOOD MORNING !

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I had intended on staying at home all day, but did go out a bit. My next door sister and I went to visit our youngest sister and her family for awhile. She had some yummy desserts that we enjoyed for sure.

The whole month of November I've tried to follow the theme of blessings and being thankful for them. Next month I'm going to try and follow the theme of Gifts.  

I know that with the Christmas season I'll also find a multitude of other topics too, but the one of 'gifts' can cover a wide range all by itself.

Today 3 of my babes (DD, DS#5 and DS#6) and I are going to one of the little towns near by for a little old fashioned shopping and enjoy some good food too!

We always try to avoid any shopping malls or department stores, but try and go off the beaten track and see something different.

It is only 30 degrees here this morning and snow is predicted. I don't think we'll see much, but you never know....

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

 FAMILY

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you got out and enjoyed.That sounds lovely you being around your sisters and with extras of delicious deserts on hand who can grumble at that Mmm.I hope you have a wonderful day today away from the bustling crowds.BLACK FRIDAY.I also look forward to your new postings on gifts.My favourite of all gifts is LOVE.You take care Pam ,safe journeys for all of you and I hope you have the most wonderful get together with some nice suprizes bought.It has predicted it might snow here too before Monday in my area,Brrrr.My boots scarf gloves and overcoat are at the ready LOL.Take Care God Bless Kath.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day yesterday!  I may go out later...like you if I do I'm going off he beaten path.  Be safe & have a good day.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

So pleased you all had a good day yesterday ,How nice to spend time with your sisters and lovely food too ,enjoy your shopping the old fashioned way ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had such lovely company to go shopping with, Its lovely having sisters. I have one sister but we never do anything together anymore its such a shame. My favourite gift is the gift of memory, what would we do without it. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your shopping!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day plannned, have a great time!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

That's the kind of shopping I like....
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

we had snow on our shpping trip and ti was 20s and cold today grrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a great weekend. God Bless, Janie