Wednesday, November 28, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 28

 

A Little Prayer to Start the Day...

 

God Give Us eyes this Christmas

To see the Christmas Star.

And give us ears to hear

the song of angels from afar

And, with our eyes and ears attuned

for a message from above,

Let "Christmas Angels" speak to us

of hope and faith and love

Hope to light our pathway

When the way ahead is dark,

Hope to sing through stormy days,

with the sweetness of the lark

Faith to trust in things unseen

and know beyond all seeing

That it is in our Fathers love

We live and have our being

And love to break down barriers

of color, race and creed,

Love to see and understand

and help all those in need.

Amen

GOOD MORNING !

I put in a little picture of my fleece top that I wore to work yesterday. We dress pretty casual and so I really can wear just about anything I want. Comfort is always my priority.

This fleece that they have now does keep you nice and warm for sure. When I remember and have time I'll put more pictures of my shirts or sweeters for you .

The other day someone ask if I was going to be made redundant as my boss was retiring. No I'm not is the answer. They've got me for a least one year and a few more months and then I'll turn the grand 65 and can officially retire myself.

I'm counting down the days already. The good thing will be that they find some one that I can train long before I leave. There are so many different aspects to my job that a simple 2 week orientation won't really do a proper job of it.

Oh well, that is a long way off and mean while... I owe, I owe Its off to work I go....

HO Ho HO

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Choose your partners, one and all,

Aspirin, Advil or Tylenol!

Now fling those covers with all you've got.

One minute cold, the next minute hot.

Circle right to the side of the bed,

Grab the tissues and Sudafed.

Back to the middle and don't goof off,

Hold your stomach and

cough, cough, cough.

Forget about slippers,

dash down the hall.

Toss your cookies in the shower stall

Remember others on the brink

Wash your hands, wash the sink.

Wipe the doorknob, the light switch too,

Now you've got it, you're doing the flu.

Some like it cold, some like it hot,

If you like neither, then get the shot.

 

I did get mine...hope you all do too !

 

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

graphics by:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This mornings posting is  realy delightful with both those verses.I love the pattern on your sweater.I had just seen a graphic almost identical not ten minutes ago surfing google for something.It's lovely and such a pretty colour too .It looks plum,I love plum colours and them shades.Very nice indeed.We officially retire at 60 in England Ladies.65 for the men.We shouldn't wish our time away but I do hope it comes soon for you.I know you are so looking forward to it.I too hope they get a good worker like yourself and early so you can train her to do everything.I hope you have  a lovely day today and are just buy enough for the time to pass quickly,not too much work.Stay warm.It's very dull here today and cool.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

cute top . I got a fleece top at walmart that came with a scarf and yes it is warm very warm

Anonymous said...

very pretty shirt.  I love fleece too on cold days.
Hope you have a very good day.

Anonymous said...

I love the motif very pretty ,Thanks for answering my question about wether you would lose you job ,pleased to hear you wont lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I really like your fleece top. The color is beautiful! And the design is so pretty, too! I bet you looked like a million bucks in it!
Enjoyed your thought for the day...very funny!
Hope you have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Loved the verses and the colourful postings. Thr fleece ;ppls lovely and warm I have one too and I love it. not so pritty as your though Kathie.

Anonymous said...

I liked your fleece top.  It's pretty.  

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Nice entry. I only wear comfy clothes.  Jeans are a rare thing for me.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

I like your fleece shirt... I too like to keep warm and dress accordingly... love the color too
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Pretty shirt. Have a wonderful rest of the week. God Bless, Janie