Friday, November 16, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 16

 

 

LOVE IN THE HOME

Author Unknown

If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place, but have not love, I am a housekeeper - not a homemaker.

If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements, but have not love, my children learn cleanliness - not godliness.

Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laugh.

Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.

Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.

Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.

Love is present through the trials.

Love reprimands, reproves, and is responsive.

Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, runs with the child, then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.

Love is the key that opens salvation's message to a child's heart.

Before I became a mother I took glory in my house of perfection. Now I glory in God's perfection of my child. As a mother, there is much I must teach my child, but the greatest of all is love.

 

GOOD MORNING !

It is so true. What we really hope we teach our children is love and all else follows. Now I don't have children at home anymore, but I do have children and grand'babes' and if nothing else, I know that they know I love them all.

Some of them I don't get to see very often. Maybe once or twice a year if I'm lucky, but they are always in my thoughts and prayers. Having a large family like mine really does mean there are no favorites...I love them all equally and unconditionally.

As we prepare for the upcoming holidays our time gets very precious to us and sometimes we overlook those we love, just because we get so busy. I do hope I'm never to busy for any of them and time after time they prove they always have time for me too!

We are certainly colder and yesterday brought a mix of rain and sleet and those little pellets of ice. The sun broke out of the clouds for just a few seconds on my way home from work and it was a beautiful sight. It was just like God saying hello! It may be cloudy, but I'm here. I always think of our dear Lord as being Sunshine and Light.

I'm not so sure that my light ever got above the weak glimmer point yesterday, but I'm still working on it. It is FINALLY FRIDAY and so it will be a good day....Fridays are always great.

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

A nice cup of hot cider to take the chill off on Thursday evening

 

 THOUGHT FOR TODAY

If you humiliate yourself, be consoled with the thought that you probably made someone else's day . . . maybe even their week. Think of your humiliation as an act of charity.

 

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

we actually had sleet and snow yesterday but aht north wind of 30 mph and such made it way colder than the 30 degree mark!!!! IT WAAS A  bone biting cold

Anonymous said...

Like you I am blessed with a large family all of whom I love dearly ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

wonderful words and oh so true. I am truly blessed having a family and all the mess that goes with it. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

I loved the thought for today. It is so true.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry! Everyone needs to know they are loved...especially children!
Hope you have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I truly loved this entry...have a wonderful weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great post, every word hit the spot.  Have a great weekend.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I liked your entry also, and remind myself all the time when the grandkids are coming, they don't care that much if the house is spotless.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Great entry!  Love is more important than a clean house.  Have a good weekend.
Hollie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry and thank you for the food for thought. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

always love your wonderful entries. I remember when my kids were younger. I did everything with them. We had fun.