Monday, November 12, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 12

Start

By Dr Leo Buscaglia

Each day, I promise myself not to try to solve all my life problems at once -- nor shall I expect you to do so;

Starting each day, I shall try to learn something new about me and about you and about the world I live in, so that I may continue to experience all things as if they had been newly born;

Starting each day, I shall remember to communicate my joy as well as my despair, so that we can know each other better;

Starting each day, I shall remind myself to really listen to you and to try to hear your point of view and to discover the least-threatening way of giving you mine, remembering that we are both growing and changing in a hundred different ways;

Starting each day, I shall remind myself that I am a human being and not demand perfection of you until I am perfect, so you're safe;

Starting each day, I shall try to be more aware of the beautiful things in our world -- I'll look at the flowers, I'll look at the birds, I'll look at the children, I'll feel the cool breezes, I'll eat good food -- and I'll share these things with you;

Starting each day, I shall remind myself to reach out and touch you, gently, with my words

Starting each day, I shall dedicate myself again to the process of being a lover -- and then see what happens;

You know, I'm really convinced that if you were to define love, the only word big enough to engulf it all would be "Life" -- LOVE IS LIFE -- in all its aspects ... And if you miss love, you miss life! Please don't !

GOOD MORNING

I do love that fact that I'm here writing my entry today and I'm thankful for another new day. It's a new week and even though we don't know what may be in store for us, we have today and I , for one, will celebrate. Celebrating another day to expess my gratitude for all the many blessings.

The weekend was a quiet one compared to the last few I've had. I stayed at home, except for church on Sunday and then going shopping with DD, doing lots of 'catch up' work that needed to be done.

My Plan in a Pumpkin Shell says that by this time next week, I should have all my Christmas shopping done and wrapped and be able to spend the week  just getting ready for Thanksgiving. I may be done with the shopping, but probably won't start wrapping til after Thanksgiving weekend.

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

A wonderful daughter to go shopping with.

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I am a lover.

It feels and looks corny to write that;

but I love people and things.

I love my friends and my family;

I love learning, and I love feeling small

standing next to an ocean or

late at night looking up at the stars.

Just as I love many things,

I also love being loved, feeling needed,

helping others, and being thanked

when I help others.

Reflection from one of my weekly devotionals

 

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

 

MA

 

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do envy you having nearly done your Christmas shopping ,I love shopping with my daughter too ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

if the stuff I ordered wil come in I will only have one or two gifts to get that would be wonderful

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be done with my christmas shopping by next week!  I do start my new job today though so that is really exciting.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I am getting there with my shopping..slowly but surely..;-)
have a good week
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Your thought for the day is right on.  The passion for those things makes us better people all around.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

Well I loved your entry today, it made me feel good.  It's also nice that you realize how lucky you are to have a wonderful daughter to go shopping with you.  I have one too, but she doesn't live close enough for me.  Have a great day, Joni

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.  I can't believe that you will be done with your Christmas shopping.  I'll probably still be shopping on Christmas Eve.  LOL
Hollie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry. Thank you for sharing. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed this post yesterday,but I am thankful I am a little better and able to do some comments today.Another lovely posting I have realy enjoyed.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES