Monday, November 5, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 5

Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.

W.T. Purkiser

GOOD MORNING !

It is so good to be online this morning ! I had a wonderful weekend with my DS#4 and his family and it was a working weekend for my son as he worked to set up a new computer for me and thankfully, he even managed to salvage a lot of the info on my old computer.

It had been running slowly for some time and I guess it ran out of memory and just kept crashing on me. Now I'm up and running very nicely once more.

Well, you can probably guess what my BLESSING FOR TODAY IS... I am very thankful for my son getting this all set up for me. I'm also thankful for the wonderful long weekend with my family.

We had a great day on Friday going to the Root Candle Factory and also to the computer store.. Saturday we had some time at home and then went to DD's graduation party. DS#6 and his wife and DS#1 and his family and DS#5 and his wife were also there.

Sunday we all went to church together then out to lunch and a little shopping. Every one came back to the house for dinner after that. I happened to have some frozen lasagna in the freezer so that was a quick and easy meal to put together.

This morning my son and his family will be leaving for home and I'm going back to work.

They have a long drive home, so I'll be praying for a safe trip home for them today.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.

Wendell Johnson

May JOY find your hearts and WARM your SOULS,

MA

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you will speeding right along. maybe use the laptop for back up. IF you ever need it. Love seeing family in pics and the good times you have. Doyou watch movies much. ????

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry ,so nice to see you very good looking family ,Ithink the tooth cake was wonderful congratulations to your daughter graduating from dental school ,will you get your teeth done by her now ? so pleased your son was able to get your PC up and running ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

great pics and great about the PC
Have a good week..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

What a lovely celebration!!!!! Loved the photos...and congrats to your DD...great job!!!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

The photos were lovely, you have a great family a real blessing.  Glad you are up and running again on your PC.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you had such a wonderful time.Many congratulations to your Dear Daughter on her graduation.She is such a bonny girl and so much like you.You have some fine Sons to be proud of.It's good Dear Son got you up and running again,on your new computer.I know the feeling,when we are without.From when my computer broke last year.I bought a new one with much more memory.The time we spend together,with family, goes by so quickly.The Grandboys are so cute playing the guitar game LOL!! They look like two little Eric Claptons.LOL!!The cake looked good too.Thankyou for sharing your pictures with us all.Joy to your heart today too, even if you are back at work.Safe journeys home to your families.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Nothing like having your computer up and running again, nice of your son to do that.
Pictures are great, your family looks very nice, and dental is a great practice to be in, good for her.  Have a great day, Joni

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time with your family! Congrats to DD for her graduation!! That's great! I enjoyed your pictures. I always love seeing your family. Glad your son was able to fix up your computer for you. I just despise computer problems!
Have a good week!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

What a nice looking family you have.
Those kids are cute as can be.
I am glad you got to spend time with them.
As  A mom I know how wonderful times like that are.
Enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures and you have a pretty daughter. Tooth cake is too cute! lol How wonderful to have a son that can fix your computer. I am so computer dumb! Sounds like all of you had a wonderful time. God Bless, Janie :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased you had such a wonderful weekend with your son and family.  Great too that he managed to sort out your computer.  Hugs, Tells x

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful week end you must have had. I had a nice week to as my son and daughter in law from Florida where here for a visit.... I hate to see them go. they flew back and he called 3 times on the way and when he got home ..... glad they made it safe and sound..... hope yours did too
Sandra

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice looking family.  Okay I've got to ask....What does DS & DD mean?  I know that this is your son & DIL....

Glad you're back up and running again withyour computer.  Sounds like you all had a very nice visit.  I'm so glad.  I hope you have a good week.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to DD!!
Enjoyed the pictures...
Linda :)