Monday, November 19, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 19

When we count our many blessings;

It isn't hard to see that life's

most valued treasures

are the treasures that are free.

For it isn't what we own

or buy that signifies our wealth.

It's the special gifts that have no price:

our family, friends and health.

GOOD MORNING!

Here we are again - Monday morning! Another day to rise and shine and thank the dear Lord that we can get up and off to work once more. So, I won't groan and moan, but SMILE and get with it here today.

My good cup of coffee helps some and the fact that it's only a 3 day work week helps even more!

Our Spring Angel - Joyce reminded me (thank you !) that I still need celery for the stuffing and then I remembered I'll need some onions too. I put these in the cavity of our Turkey when I roast it as I do the stuffing seperately in a pan in the oven. If I stuff that big bird it would take forever to be done.

I saw on one of the recipe sites where they recommended mixing some melted butter , some olive oil, and some thyme together and basted the bird before putting in the oven. I may try that too for something different.

 

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

A job to go to and the ability to do that job

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Whatever the weather may be,

It's the songs ye sing,

an' the smiles ye wear,

That's a-makin' the sun shine everywhere.

James Whitcomb Riley

 

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

 

 

GRAPHICS BY

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you were making me feel Christmasy with this posting today.As you know we do not celebrate thanksgiving in UK.I always fill the cavity with an onion.Suppose to stop the bird drying out I have always been told.Never used celery in my stuffing though.I might try that befoe the big event on a small bird this week/end.I always do my stuffing seperate as some do not like it and I do feel they get the taste of it if you stuff the bird .Though we have had another epidemic of bird flu lately on a turkey farm in England.So l don't even know if I am going to buy one as yet.Yes our family friends and health are certainly the most important to me in life.Priceless.I hoe you have a nice uqiet day today at work.Thankyou for this lovely posting agai .Joy find your heart too.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

taht is so funny. When I went shopping saturday night.........I FORGOT my celery I had Rachael pick it and the fresh cranberries up yesterday

Anonymous said...

Your Thanksgiving day sounds like it will be perfect.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

The turkey is thawing in the fridge and I think we have everything, hubby needs to make pumpkin pies this week... I'm drooling already, lol...
Have a great short week at work!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

You've nailed the most important things to be thankful for on the head.  I'm thankful every day for these things.  We're doing our shopping today, I'll try not to forget the celery.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry again.  The most valued treasures are indeed the treasures that are FREE!  Have a great day!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I'm working tonight...have to leave in an hour. This entry really hit home with me. Thanks for posting it.
Pam

Anonymous said...

As usual you have summed it all up perfectly .love Jan xx