Tuesday, November 20, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 20

 

A story is told of a king who went into his garden one morning and found everything withering and dying. He asked an oak that stood near the gate what the trouble was. He found that it was sick of life and determined to die because it was not tall and beautiful like the pine.

The pine was out of all heart because it could not bear grapes like the vine. The vine was going to throw its life away because it could not stand erect and have as fine fruit as the pomegranate; and so on throughout the garden.

Coming to a Johnny-jump-up, he found its bright face lifted as full of cheerfulness as ever. Said the king: "Well, Johnny-jump-up, I am glad to find one brave little flower among this land of general discouragement and dying. You don't seem one bit disheartened."

 "No, your Majesty. I know I am of small account, but I concluded you wanted a Johnny-jump-up when you planted me. If you had wanted an oak or a pine or a vine or a pomegranate, you would have set one out. So I am bound to be the best Johnny-jump-up that ever I can."

To be such a "Johnny-jump-up" is a blessed thing , and a saving power in the world.

Whispers of Peace

 

GOOD MORNING !

The old saying 'BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED' is one of my very favorites. We all have days that we wish we were someplace else or were someone else, but here we are just where we were meant to be. Accepting that fact makes me more at peace with who I am and what I do.

Yesterday was payroll day at work and today I'll be paying their bills for the week . On Wednesday the boss will give out Turkeys to all the families of the men that work for us along with their paychecks for the week.

Actually they get a choice of a Turkey or a Gift Certificate to one of the local Food stores , but most of them opt for the Turkey. I know I did for sure. He is quite generouse in that way.

Then I'll off for 4 whole days in a row and they will also be busy ones but enjoyable ones for sure.

I owe, I owe

It's off to work I go...

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

Some of the Christmas presents I had ordered arrived in the mail

Just a few more to go.

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I give to You my thanks

And my heart kneels to pray—

God keep me and guide me

And go with me today

Helen Steiner Rice

God is with us, close to us, journeying with us and giving us the courage and strength to move forward with our lives.

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

 

Laugh at life whenever possible, and accept each day as a precious gift! Laughter is Good for the Soul !

 

 

graphics by:

www.moonandbackgraphics.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I accept how God made me and whatever he sends my way too.I loved your posting as usual today.What a kind generous boss you have .My partners is the same.You have to give to recieve is my motto and it would be nice if everyone were the same.If only a smile and a kind word each day..Enjoy your day and I know you will certainly enjoy your holiday break.I am so pleased you have these days to enjoy.:-) you deserve them.Thankyou for such a lovely posting .Loved your graphics too.Safe journeys to work and home.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

when my first husband worked at coke they gave out a turkey and one case of pop at Thanksgiving and a ham and two cases of pop at Christams. Back then making a 200 a week paycheck (thank GOD gas was cheaper then cuase he drove to another town for gas and we had a gas hog old car) I was so tickled. It was like to me getting a 1000 bucks as often that was how we affoded a nice dinner

Anonymous said...

I loved the Johnny-jump-up story.  If we all could just accept who we were....& by doing so be the best person we could be.  Wonderful entry!!!
Hollie

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the four day weekend I will have this week!  Linda

Anonymous said...

That was lovely the graphics were great too ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Very good story! Thanks for sharing. Hoping your Thanksgiving was Wonderful. God Bless, Janie