Friday, November 2, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 2

Overflowing Gratitude

Fr. Brian Cavanaugh, TOR (Third Order Franciscan)

Here's a thought based on Oprah's book club:

Sit down at the end of each day and write out 5 things for which you are grateful.

We go through life each day so unaware, and take for granted so many things. There are those persons, unseen and unknown, to whom we need to be grateful.

We take for granted turning on a light switch. We assume electricity will light the lamp, but how about the people that keep the system running? Same for the water, and the supermarket. We walk in and everyday it's filled with food. How did it get on the shelves; how did it get to the stores; how did it get out of the fields; how did it first get planted?

Everyday we need to overflow with gratitude. Looking at life from such a perspective will begin to change our daily attitude towards all life, and, quite possibly, even towards ourself and others.

GOOD MORNING !

The whole month of November is I Am So Thankful Month, dedicated to counting blessings and giving thanks daily, so I’m adding my BLESSING FOR THE DAY to my journal this month.

I usually do a list on Thursday, but will now put down at least one a day. Just like vitamins that we take once a day, we get blessings each day too and I’m not always good at being thankful enough.

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

I’m thankful for the opportunity to spend time with DS#4 and his family.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

All Souls Day

Happy are those who have died in the Lord. Let them rest from their labors for their good deeds go with them. —Rev 14:13

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

oprahs gratitude list is what got me started on mine many moons agao...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I will write them down as you have suggested .Though I do say thankyou to the Dear Lord each day for lots of thing we take for granted.I just hope he doesn't think I have gone mad when I say it alone and aloud,same goes for my neighbours LOL!! Enjoy your lovely Family this week/end.Have a lovely Friday and lots of fun with your sunshine boys.I wish I could join you.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aolco.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

It will be nice to look back next year and see what new blessings are in my life.

Anonymous said...

yeah need a tad bit mroe joy and thankful. cant hurt at all

Anonymous said...

I like this idea I think I will have to do it!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Good idea, I think many of us have these thoughts and just never write them down.  I will try, have a wonderful day with your kids.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I love the idea...thanks for sharing.
Many hugs and love, have a great weekend.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I like this idea! I look forward to reading your list.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Entry makes a person think. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful day and time with you family. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Hope you have many blessings this weekend.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea...there are sooo many things that we all take for granted.  Have a great weekend with your family.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry, I hope you have a great time with your son this weekend.  Hugs, Tells x