Tuesday, November 6, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 6

I am a little thing with a big meaning.

I help unlock doors, open hearts, dispel prejudice.

I create friendship and goodwill.

I inspire respect and admiration.

Everybody loves me. I bore nobody,

I violate no law, I cost nothing.

I have been praised by many condemned by none.

I am pleasing to those of high and low degree.

I am useful in many ways every moment of the day.

I am called "COURTESY

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING

Yesterday was a hard one and when I saw the little poem above it made me stop and think about how that little word courtesy would have made it so much nicer.

I had a day that everyone needed everything now. I had a stack on my desk that just grew and grew. Oh, I did get lots done, but it came in faster than it went. I do know that from now on when I need something, I'll be much more courteous than ever before. I've been on the receiving end and know how much it would mean

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

DS#4 and his family made it back to their home safely, Thank the dear Lord

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

GRATITUDE consists in a watchful, minute attention to the particulars of our state, and to the multitude of God's gifts, taken one by one.

It fills us with a consciousness that God loves and cares for us, even to the least event and the smallest need of life. It is a blessed thought, that from our childhood

God has been laying His fatherly hands upon us, and always in benediction; that even the strokes of His hands are blessings, and among the chiefest we have ever received.

When this feeling is awakened, the heart beats with a pulse of thankfulness. Every gift has its return of praise. It awakens an unceasing daily converse with our Father,—He speaking to us by the descent of blessings, we to Him by the ascent of thanksgiving.

And all our whole life is thereby drawn under the light of His countenance, and is filled with a gladness, serenity, and peace which only thankful hearts can know.

H.E.MANNING

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes that is so true. I am just amazed at the lack of courtesy now days.

Anonymous said...

How right you are ,are maners a lesser priority these days hmmm ? ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I don't like those kind of days.  I had one like that yesterday also and I think today is going to be also.  At least tomorrow is my last day before I start my new job at the new hospital.

Anonymous said...

Ya know...I have said this for years...There is no courtesy anymore.  You try so hard to treat people nicely and you get snubbed in return.  It's almost like people now a days don't know how to except a nice word or gesture.  I love your site and I love your words.  Thank you fro being here...You are the first blog that I have ever visited....What a wonderful place....Have a beautiful day...Always .....
"Care"

Anonymous said...

I think I am a good person (In General) but when I read this it makes me want to be REALLY GOOD.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

It is beyond belief sometimes how people act.I cannot abide bad manners at all.Courtesy costs nothing.I am so sorry you had a poor day yesterday.I pray today will be much brighter and people will treat you with more courtesy.I am thankful Dear Son and Family had a safe journey home.Take your time with all that work.
Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

You are so right about courtesy. People in general have just lost manners and I don't know why? What happened to this generation?
Have a good day...
Pam

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had such a rough Monday, but at least it's over now and the rest of week, hopefully will be smooth.  I've had Monday's like that and understand totally.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...I think our days were exactly alike yesterday.  I had people asking for things late Friday right before I left and somehow they thought by 8:00 yesterday morning I"d have them done.  LOL LOL LOL.  I just had to shake my head.  And today just a minute ago while eating lunch at my desk, someone knocked on the door and saw I was eating lunch but said they just wanted to know when their review would be.  LOL  (Had been sent to supervisor but he has not done).  I told her that once I finished lunch I would look it up and let her know.  LOL LOL Oh well.
Have a good day.  I am glad to see that courtesy poem too.

Anonymous said...

Glad your boy and his family got home ok.  Hmmm, hope you had a better day today at work.  I am sure you are always nice to everyone!  Hugs, Tells x

Anonymous said...

I loved the COURTESY poem.  Sorry that you had such a rough day.  I hope that the rest of the week will be much better.  I'm glad that your son & his family made it home safely.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

As usual Beautiful quotes. Thank you for sharing. You find the neatest quotes. Glad your son and family made it home safe. Many blessings, Janie