Sunday, November 25, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 25

Each time you light a candle, you might remember

your role as a lamplighter and the beautiful prayer

which is used in Salisbury Cathedral, England that reads:

 

Lighting a candle is a prayer;

When we have gone it stays alight

Kindling in the hearts and minds

Of others the prayers

We have already offered for them and for others

For the sad, the sick, and the suffering

and prayers of thankfulness too.

Lighting a candle is a parable;

Burning itself out, It gives light to others.

Christ gave himself for others.

He calls us to give ourselves.

Lighting a candle is a symbol;

Of love and hope,

Of light and warmth.

Our world needs them all.

 

GOOD MORNING!

I am up, but not very awake this morning!  It's my R&R day and as always, I do need this day to get refreshed and renewed for another work week.  It was a grand weekend .  I got lots done and also enjoyed having those in my family, that could make it home, all together to celebrate another holiday. 

DS#6 and his wife spent the night here and they'll be going to church with me this morning.  DD and DS#5 will be there too, as they are the 2 of my babes that still live in our hometown.  Everyone else went back home around 9:00 last night. 

I'll be saying prayers for you all today and hoping that the Christmas season brings you only good things and that the gifts of peace, hope, and love abide in your homes and your hearts.

 

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

A DAY TO RELAX

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Do you pause in meditation

Upon life’s thoroughfare,

And offer up thanksgiving—

Or say a word of prayer?

Helen Steiner Rice

Then my tongue shall tell of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.

Psalm 35:28

 

 

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah IM in full rush as hanukkah starts in 10 days!!!!!!! its a real cram when it comes this close to T day

Anonymous said...

hum Ill check back for the pics

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day of rest!  I think i might just have to do the same.  Somehow it doesn't seem like it should be time to go back to work tomorrow yet.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Glad you have had a wonderful holiday. Enjoy today. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you all enjoyed and I hope you had a lovely church service today too.You rest now and relax.I hope they all got home safely.I will look at your pics now.Take care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That all sounds great ,time with the family ,enjoy them ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I Love hearing about the candles.  I love to burn candles all the time.  I'm glad that you enjoyed your weekend with your family.
Hollie

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed your family time!!
Linda :)