Monday, November 26, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 26

 

IT'S THE GREATEST TIME OF THE YEAR

It's the greatest time of year,

and it's here

Help me celebrate it

With everybody here, friends so dear

Let me simply state it

It's our favourite way to spend the holiday

Yeah

 

There's a special kind of feeling in the air

It only happens at this time of year

When everyone is filled with love and cheer

'Cause that's what matters

Pretty paper boxes tied with bows

Walking in the sun or in the snow

We can feel the excitement growing, knowing

 

It's the greatest time of year,

and it's here

Help me celebrate it

With everybody here, friends so dear

Let me simply state it

 

Joy to the world and everyone

Lift up your hearts and feel the love

It's our favourite way, to spend the holiday

Yeah

 

GOOD MORNING !

I found the Christmas song above listed in the carols at this site. http://www.carolingcorner.com/greatesttime.html

It has lyrics for just about any Christmas song that you might want to sing. I love the music of the season and have it playing at work and at home from now til Christmas. Actually the station I listen to on the radio had it playing last Tuesday .

I don't know who sings this particular song or who wrote it, but I like what it says. Lift up your Hearts!

It is back to work this morning!

My boss has his surgery today. He has broken his ankle more than once and I guess it didn't heal correctly, so this is a corrective procedure . It is supposed to lay him up for about 6 weeks and then come the New Year he is retiring.

Lots of changes will be coming my way I fear. Since he'll be having nothing to do for awhile because he won't be allowed to do anything, I expect there will be lots of phone calls, giving me lots to do in the days ahead.

DS#6 designed our company Christmas cards this year( he is a graphic designer) and they are finished and in the trunk of my car to take to work today.l That means that besides everything else that may be on the menu for today, I can start stuffing envelopes and sending out cards. I also have to make a trip to the post office and get stamps for all those cards.

It is a busy time of year, and yes, I love it!

 

  BLESSING FOR THE DAY

No snow in the forecast til about Thursday

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Life is hard by the yard; inch by inch, it's a cinch.

Unknown

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

 

GRAPHICS BY:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah sending cards this year we have sent invatations and shower thank yous and man gets to wehre I wish  i had a stamp lol

Anonymous said...

Oh I almost forgot the song is a disney one and its by Aly & Aj

Anonymous said...

I looked on the site and then found the music.I have sent it in an E. mail.Just wodering if this is th ecorrect one.How lovely  your son has designed your works cards.Thats so great.Yes I love this time of year too,though it does bring sentiment to me at times,so I am hoping I can overcome that.Lovely graphic you started your post with today.I am sorry to learn your boss has broken his ankle again.How sad at such a bust time of year.I hope you are not overworked by all this.Safe travels to the post office and home again tonight.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hubby would listen to Christmas music all year if I let him, lol...
Have a great Monday!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you love how these surgeries end up being during the holidays when it is often the busiest time of the year?  Funny how those things work out isn't it?  My desk has been full of LOA forms for dates expanding from mid November thru early January.  LOL  Those of us "left behind" are usually the glue and some of us plan our times off according to when it is not busier.  Then some can't help it for emergency situations and I'm not talking about those.  LOL  Hey, but our time's coming, now that I've said that.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

What will happen when you boss retires will you be made redundant ?Well done to youir son designing the Christmas card ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas music too.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

I'm listening to Christmas music right now.  It's a CD of Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton.  It's one of my favorites.  I hope your boss has a speedy recovery.  I hope things won't be too bad on you while he's away & after he retires.  Way to go DS#6....very impressive.  I've been working on my Christmas card list.  I think I've got all the names & address together.  Now I've just got to fill them out.  Have a good week.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Running late of comments... but in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless, Janie