Wednesday, November 14, 2007

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 14

Eight Gifts that Do Not Cost A Cent

By Author Unknown

THE GIFT OF LISTENING... But you must REALLY listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming, No planning your response. Just listening.

THE GIFT OF AFFECTION... Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends

THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER.... Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."

THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE... It can be a simple "Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet. A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.

THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT... A simple and sincere, "You look great in red", "You did a super job" or "That was a wonderful meal" can make someone's day.

THE GIFT OF A FAVOR... Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.

THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE... There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.

THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION... The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone, really it's not that hard to say, Hello or Thank You

 

GOOD MORNING

It is OVER THE HUMP DAY and soon we'll be on the down hill slide right into the weekend. The day went by so fast yesterday I hardly had time to think. One thing after another and by the time evening came I was so thankful just to sit and unwind.

I know you've probably seen the list of gifts above before, but this one had a little different twist so I thought as we're all preparing for the holidays ahead it would be a good one to reflect on a bit.

I have a friend that actually clips cartoons and shares them with people. She always seems to find the right one for the appropriate time. There are so many things we can do to bring a little 'sunshine' into an otherwise gloomy day for someone.

We have to be able to laugh, especially at our selves. It is truly the best medicine.

 

BLESSING FOR THE DAY

Just beautiful Indian Summer Weather

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Don't be fooled by the calendar.

There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.

One man gets only a week's value out of a year while another gets a full year's value out of a week.

Charles Richards

May JOY find your HEART and warm your SOUL.

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is true there are many gifts we can share witht others solitude is one I prefer

Anonymous said...

These gifts are precious ,I love your graphic of everyone sharing the thanksgiving turkey ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Ye it's lovely to know once again we are over the hump day.I know I do not work,but I do so look forward to the weekends as workers do.I try my hardest to do the eight gifts each day if I am able.Very good gifts they are as well.Thats a great idea your friend has in the cartoon sharing.One has to try and bring a little sunshine somehow.I keep trying.Laughter will always be my best medicine.I don't think I need to tell you that.I am thankful to the Dear Lord he gave me a good sence of humour LOL!! I do get fooled by the calendar many's the time.The very last graphic is a beauty I just adore it.Thankyou for your lovely posting today,as usual I have so enjoyed my visit here.May joy find your heart too.and the Indian Summer warm your body and your heart.Take Care God Bless .Have a lovely Wednesday.Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That list of gifts is great!! I will remember that.
Thanks for this entry...it was great. Hope you are having a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

GOOD LIST..
I Needed this today.
Thank you.
Cassie

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!  All of the above is soooo true.  Thank you for sharing this.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I love those eight gifts !  Linda

Anonymous said...

Wonderful gift list. Thank you for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful week and it is not long until Thanksgiving day! Wow. God Bless, Janie