Tuesday, October 9, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 9

Here, in the soft, sweet-smelling haze,

a maple stands alone, a blaze of color,

stirring memories of rustic lanes and giant trees;

and there, along the curb for miles -

the leaves raked up in equal piles.

Could there be anything we know

that can evoke the wondrous glow of childhood

more than trampling leaves?

How clearly, then, the soul perceives -

amid the miracle of fall,

that we are Children, one and all.

Oh, let me never grow too old

to be bewitched by autumn's gold -

to share the overwhelming joy

 within the heart of that small boy

who runs amuck when he perceives

these tempting, ordered piles of leaves.

Jean S. Platt

GOOD MORNING

The leaves are beginning to fall here for sure. Our tree on the curb lawn in front of the house is one of the first on the street to loose leaves and It’s always a brilliant yellow .

Just looking out the window is like looking at the sunshine. Even on the gloomiest day, it’s colors don’t fade. I guess there is a lesson in that for us all. If I were wise enough I could figure it out and put it down here for you in clever words. The only thing I can say is there are times we must make our own sunshine and that little tree of ours is doing it’s very best.

Yesterday we probably had our last blast of summer like weather and our cool down has begun. I made sure I sat outside for awhile as the sun set yesterday evening, just in case it was the last time this year. I’m a fair weather porch sitter and when the temps turn cold, I stay in.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Every experience, good or bad, brings with it the opportunity to teach us something. The question is whether or not we are paying attention. As you pause to read, pray, and reflect today, consider what you might learn from the living of this day.

From one of my morning devotionals

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH I so hope the hot is GONE GONE GONE Till summer. we ahave no color here in ky its sad just brown leaves falling. beautfiul wedding absolutly beautiful

Anonymous said...

The pictures are truly lovely.The one with your sisters is too.I love your outfit you looked realy nice.How you should be so proud of those sons of yours.They sure like a good time by the look of things LOL!!Lovely lovely lovely.They are a credit to you, your family.Thankyou for sharing this wonderful wedding with us.I love the today's verse too.Leaves are hard work to the gardener but they are beautiful.I have russled plenty in my time,both with my feet and my broom LOL!!We have realy heavy rain here today,so it is good, as I have just filled all my winter pots with bloom.The Dear Lord has answered my prayers once again.He has lessoned my my workoad. I don't have to water myself now.I hope you get a few smiles today and the sunshine lasts that little bit longer, so you can still sit on your porch.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for showing us these lovely pictures ,the colours are very similar to my Grandsons wedding earlier this year ,You and your sisters are all very alike ,and look beautiful ,loved the pic of your boys all dancing together ,again something my bunch did at Stuarts(Grandsons) wedding ,The Bride looked so lovely ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

VERY nice photos...loved seeing all, the bride and groom looked so happy!!!  Yes, it was a summer day, yesterday...here too, in VA.  Today, the same and tonight, well, they say it may change...we shall see!!!
Have a wonderful day...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed these pictures! It looked like it was a beautiful wedding. The bride and groom looked soooo happy! Good for them!
You have such handsome sons. And I liked the picture of you with your sisters and daughter. You all look alike. Definite resemblance there!
Hope you have a great day!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Our cool down has begun today too. we have broken several records for the warmest days ever in Oct now its time to cool down I guess..... Your pictures are just lovely and the church is very pretty too.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

The wedding photos are lovely, it looks like you all had a wonderful time.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Im inside the minute I get a chill.  Hence my dream of living in the sunshine state.  The pics of the wedding looks like you all had fun.  What a great memory. :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/   Tracy

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo...loved the pictures.  Looks like a nice festive wedding with lots of smiles and fun.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Weather man said 40 degrees for us tonight. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures. God Bless, Janie