Sunday, October 21, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 21

Nuturing Yourself

We often put aside the needs of our own to take care of others. Nurturing is a quality that should be treasured and celebrated.

Why is it that we feel guilty if we take the time to nurture ourselves? We feel like we are steeling time that should be spent on others. The truth is that we need to nurture ourselves before we can effectively nurture others. By taking care of your own needs you are recognizing that your own physical, mental and emotional health is just as important as others.

Some of the time you have to put your own needs first. If you love and care for yourself you are far better equipped to love and care for the needs of others.

From one of my daily meditations

GOOD MORNING !

As you all know Sunday is my R&R day. I set this day aside to refresh and renew myself for the coming work week. First and foremost I need that hour at church each week for renewing my soul.

The rest of the day may be finishing up what is needed around the house, some shopping, or just relaxing. Whatever it is that I do, it will be what I need to get me refreshed for another week of work.

When I had family at home, this was the day we did things together. If we were at home, we’d have a big dinner and play games together. Times have changed and now I find other things to do, but the day always began with our going off to church on Sunday mornings.

We sometimes forget that our churches aren’t the buildings we go to, our church is the people inside. We are the church and what we do there makes it worthwhile.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When asked at Christmas or for birthdays what gifts they want, children have many ideas - bicycles, money, video games. Answering that question is not too hard for any of us. But ask yourself, what gift might I give to God? Then take a look in a mirror. Presenting ourselves to God is truly the best gift we can offer

'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,

'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,

And when we find ourselves in the place just right,

'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.

When true simplicity is gain'd,

To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,

To turn, turn will be our delight,

Till by turning, turning we come round right.

Elder Joseph

http://www.d365.org/todaysdevotion

May JOY find your heart and warm your soul.

MA

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your Sunday is blessed relaxed and sunny ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Mine is busy with church, bridal shower, and getting the college age kids care packages done.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful and timely entry for me.  Thank you!  Have a blessed day.  Linda  

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry as usual.  I hope you have a relaxing & renewing day.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Lovely words once again very inspireing.If I were asked the question what would I give him.I have always given him the last verse of my favourite hyme at Christmastime,and asked others to give me the same.
What can I give him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give him:
I give my him my heart.
I hope you enjoy your R&R day and like you I miss the days when we all used to gather around too.I now make the best of what is there and thankful I am to be here to enjoy whatever is given to me each day.Take Care God Bless Kath
asstoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

We are just off to church tonight, it is our church anniversary and an old member has been invited back to preach.  It will be a good night with God and good freinds.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Have a great week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Good read and cute little mouse. Hope you have a wonderful week. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

yes we really need to take some to repair

Anonymous said...

I hope you  had a great R&R day. I know that when I buy something for myself I do feel quilty. I shouldn't my kids get everything they need and I work full time.