Sunday, October 28, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 28

O God, We thank you for this earth, our home;

for the wide sky and the blessed sun,

for the ocean and streams, for the towering hills

and the whispering wind, for the trees and green grass.

We thank you for our senses by which we hear

the songs of birds, and see the splendor of fields

of golden wheat, and taste autumn's fruit,

rejoice in the feel of snow, and smell the breath of spring

flowers. Grant us a heart opened wide to all this beauty;

and save us from being so blind that we pass unseeing

when even the common thorn bush is aflame with your glory.

For each new dawn is filled with infinite possibilities

for new beginnings and new discoveries.

Life is constantly changing and renewing itself.

In this new day of new beginnings with God,

all things are possible. We are restored and renewed

in a joyous awakening to the wonder that our lives are

and, yet, can be.

Amen.

GOOD MORNING!

It’s R & R day once more. I’ve been taking it easy and enjoying the good cup of hot coffee this morning ! The car is home and working well and even though it’s a bit wet and chilly , we now have beautiful fall colors on the trees to brighten things up.

As you can see in the pictures above.  My camping babes have got their campers all set for next years camping season.  They moved to a different camp ground and right there next to them is a spot all reserved for me.  I am so excited at  the prospects of camping again.  I will purchase a camper and put it on this spot.  They had to winterize their campers and closed up for the season.  But we are all eagerly awaiting next Spring.

I spent some time this weekend with my Christmas gift shopping as I’m trying to get ahead of the monumental task I’m facing. As of last count my children, their spouses and their children now add up to about 24 people, plus I have friends and relatives that I like to give a gift to.

I’ll be off to church soon and I will be praying for all of you and thanking the good Lord for His many blessings. Have a great Sunday all and don’t forget to get a little R & R time in for yourself as well.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Tires for Life's Rough Roads

To learn how to grieve, to let go and to move on think about automobile tires.

The first tires were made of solid rubber. They were made to be tough and hard so that nothing one encountered on the road would damage them. As you can imagine not only was the ride rough, but the tires were very soon torn to shreds.

Then they adopted another approach and made the tires soft and pliable, filled with air. They receive the shocks into themselves and then spring back. Those are the kind of tires we ride on today.

Men and women may appear soft and vulnerable, but it is a strength that can take life's blows and spring back again.

May JOY find your heart and warm you soul.

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh now is the time to buy a camper they are looking at big sales......... because it s winter I cant wait to see what you get!!!! beautiful spot

Anonymous said...

A good time to buy a camper ,so pleased you have your car back ,have a blessed restful Sunday ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I loved today's entry! Everything from the prayer, to the thought for the day, and the tire story. And I'm so happy you are going to buy a camper! You will love it! I had a camper at one time. I loved having everything I needed right near me. Including a bathroom!!! LOL!
I hope you have a great Sunday.
Hugs..Pam

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful spot for camping.  I'm glad that your car is back & running well.  Have a great & relaxing Sunday.
Hollie

Anonymous said...

We will be putting our camper away for the season this week.  I can't wait for the spring of 08!  I love camping.  Linda

Anonymous said...

How great you are to have your own camper.Your own little space to do as you wish,with family on hand.What more could you wish for.You so deserve it and have workes so hard for this too.I loved everything about the posting today.Yes we do have to have strength to spring back and thank God he helps to lift us up like tires do too..Have a Blessed Sunday.Thankyou for sharing the pictures.It's a beautiful spot.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

How pretty is that camping spot and what a fun thing to look forward to......
Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Great quote! Very nice. Looks like a wonderful place for a camp site. We got to church at 9:20; came home at noon, went back to church for church anniversary open house, I sang "My Savior's Precious Blood:, came and got on the computer!! lol  Have a wonderful day with blessings, Janie