Friday, October 12, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 12

TRAIN OF LIFE

Some folks ride the train of life

Looking out the rear,

Watching miles of life roll by,

And marking every year.

They sit in sad remembrance,

Of wasted days gone by,

And curse their life for what it was,

And hang their head and cry.

But I don't concern myself with that,

I took a different vent,

I look forward to what life holds,

And not what has been spent.

So strap me to the engine,

As securely as I can be,

I want to be out in the front,

To see what I can see.

I want to feel the winds of change,

Blowing in my face,

I want to see what life unfolds,

As I move from place to place.

I want to see what's coming up,

Not looking at the past,

Life's too short for yesterdays,

It moves along too fast.

So if the ride gets bumpy,

While you are looking back,

Go up front, and you may find,

Your life has jumped the track.

It's all right to remember,

That's part of history,

But up front's where it's happening,

There's so much mystery.

The enjoyment of living,

Is not where we have been,

It's looking ever forward,

To another year and ten.

It's searching all the byways,

Never should you refrain,

For if you want to live your life,

You've gotta drive the train.

All Aboard Everybody!

GOOD MORNING !

It’s finally F R I D A Y !

This morning I managed to sleep in until 7:00 which is 2 hours later than I usually have to get up. It’s a bit chilly here and staying under the covers felt very good.

I’ll be off here in a little while to take the car in for its check up. I like to make sure that all is good shape before the bad weather comes. It will come for sure…

In past years we even had snow that came on Halloween and didn’t leave til April, so I want to be prepared.

Tomorrow will be my day with the campers. They are having ‘Trick or Treat’ at the campground. It is a family oriented place for sure so there will be loads of fun for the little ones.

According to the Farmer’s Almanac the 12th through the 22nd is prime time to see the beautiful color of the trees in Ohio. However, in our part of the country, there is still more green than color. So it must be that the leaves will be changing color fast in the next few days.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.

Elizabeth Lawrence

May your day be blessed with a few

SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by www.untilthengraphics.com

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning!  I'm with you on looking ahead.  For a while there I was looking back and thinking about all the stuff I coulda/woulda/shoulda done when I was younger.  Then I thought, pooh, I ain't dead yet!!  :)  Living in Central Florida, I do miss the changing seasons -- not the cold, just the seasons!!  LOL  Have a great Friday.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I can't believe our leaves have already been changing the last few weeks, usually we have to wait for November....
There's a tree I pass on the way home from work that is bright red right now, but of course no camera for pictures....
Have a great weekend with the campers trick or treating!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

You deserve to have that extra time in bed.Yes it's fine here but pretty cool too.I have been toasting my toes near th efire this morning LOL!! The verse is wonderful, but I do find it hard not to keep looking back,i will be truthful.Those latter yrs seemed much happier ones for me in lots of ways.The event you are going to sounds just lovely.Enjoy it all with the children.I wish I was going with you.Take Care I hope you get lots of smiles and  the weather is a little warmer just for your weekend with a little sunshine to warm your heart.Safe Jounreys I hope the car check up goes well.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I loved reading "The Train of Life" and it is oh so true ~ good idea to get the car checked out before the bad weather arrives ~ hope you enjoy your day with "The Campers" sounds like it will be a lot of fun ~ I notice the leaves on my apple trees have turned to a lovely red ~ but the other one's are still green ~ May your day be a blessed one ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

our leaves are just brown and falling no color here its been so dry!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We have beautiful color in our leaves here and so far the rain hasn't ruined them.  We are supposed to have a nice weekedn so hopefully can get some pics.  I loved the Train of Life, it need to be said.  Joni

Anonymous said...

It's been so dry here. There is no sign of Fall here at all really. Just cooler mornings.
I hope you and your family have fun at the camp. I hope you post pictures!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Good idea to get the car checked ,October ,till April for snow wow ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I would hate to have snow for so long, too slippery.  We are having lovely warm October weather at the moment, you can stand outside with short sleeves on.  It's just how i like it, not to hot,  not to cold.  Our weather in Britain has certainly changed since i was a girl, when winter used to be really cold with lots of snow.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Great quote. I don't like snow! lol That sounds like fun. The leaves are just starting to get a few changes. Blessings and smiles, Janie