Friday, October 19, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 19

 

OBJECT LESSONS TO REMIND

YOU OF EVERYDAY TRUTHS

TOOTHPICK . . . to remind you to pick the good qualities in everyone including yourself.

RUBBERBAND . . . to remind you to be flexible. Things might not always go the way you want, but it can be worked out.

BAND-AID . . . to remind you to heal hurt feelings, either yours or someone else's.

ERASER . . . to remind you everyone makes mistakes. That's okay, we learn by our errors.

CANDY KISS . . . to remind you everyone needs a hug or a compliment every day.

MINT . . . to remind you that you are worth a mint to your family.

BUBBLE GUM . . . to remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything.

PENCIL . . . to remind you to list your blessings every day.

TEA BAG . . . to remind you to take time to relax daily and go over that list of God's blessings.

This is what makes life worth living every minute, every day.

Good Morning !

Maybe I should put all these items in a baggie and carry it around so I don’t forget these important things. Counting our blessings every day certainly is important , as well as a candy kiss for sure.

Last night I was sitting at the computer about 7:30 and noticed it was dark outside already. It seems that just yesterday I was sitting on the back patio and watching the hummingbirds fly around. I’d sit out there til about 9:00 most evenings.

Sad to say winter hibernation time is beginning. Coming home and spending the evening indoors is not my favorite thing to do. I’ll probably spend more time on my computer and maybe do more entries on my Bible Studies. I put the Bible Studies in my blogger journal ‘What’s New at My House’. I’ve neglected that for a while. And I love to paint and to read so my evenings will not be boring, just different.

There truly are benefits to all the seasons if I stop to think about it. Guess I’d better appreciate the indoor time too! There is much more in time than out time in our neck of the woods. Fall Winter and Spring for the most part do not have many daylight hours after I get home from work. No wonder I love the weekends so…

TODAY’S THOUGHT

Live with real feelings and celebrate your uniqueness

 

May JOY find your heart and warm your soul

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah each season has a reason........ to enjoy not to commit treason to ourselves by not enjoying

Anonymous said...

Yes Im afraid we have more inside time than out ,especially this summer which was a bit of a none event ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time for every purpose, under heaven

I too find time to do lots on these dark cold nights.Though like you I am not fond of the hiberation time as you call it.

I think I will gather each and every one of these artcles and frame them for my wall.Another project to do and remind me of everyday truths.Enjoy your Friday evening and I hope you have a lovely week/end.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love this entry...

Anonymous said...

I think we did that one time at our church.. put in a bag and handed them out with what each item meant. Kind of neat. Yep! Winter is coming on fast. Have a wonderful week, Janie

Anonymous said...

all those items would fit in a purse.  It only takes a little something to mean alot. :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/     Tracy