Thursday, October 25, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 25

Put it before them briefly so they will read it,

clearly so they will appreciate it,

picturesquely so they will remember it and,

above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light.

Joseph Pulitzer

GOOD MORNING !

As I was looking for some little trinket of wisdom for my journal today, I came across the quote above and now here it is for you all to read too.

Isn’t that what we all try to do in our journals? We enter brief little stories of our days and try to make it clear to all just what is going on in our lives. We display all kinds of pictures of our families, our trips, our homes, our pets and also some beautiful graphics. And I for one hope to bring a little sunshine in to my readers lives  each day.

Maybe we are not prize winners of the famous ‘Pulitzer’ but each and every journal I read so dear to me. Often when I get home from work I pull up my email and there will be the journal entry alerts in my mail box. I’m thankful for them and being able to keep in touch with so many.

Thankful Thursday is today so here’s my list for the week.

I’m thankful that a few of the draught areas are finally getting a little rain

I’m thankful that the winds are dying down a bit in California and that they are getting the much needed help

I’m thankful that we live in a caring world and have people like the Red Cross volunteers that come in and help those in need.

As always, I’m thankful for my family and friends that send a little sunshine my way.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Seeds of discouragement will not grow in the thankful heart.

Anonymous

May JOY find your heart and warm your soul!

MA

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw once again you write such lovely words and I love the tiny graphics this morning everyone of them brought a smile to my face.Thankyou.Yes I think we all look forward to our E.Mail box,each day.Especially when we are alone,each one to me are so welcome,and I feel blessed.Joy finds my heart coming here too each day.I hope the same for you.Have a lovely Thursday the week is almost over once more.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

yes we share and soemtimes that make us know we are not alone in our daily problems too and gives us idea how others deal.
yes Im veryhappy for the few days of steady rain we have had

Anonymous said...

I can only echo your thankful list ,and the words of Joseph Pulitzer,are very wise ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I too am Thankful for the same things.  I am also thankful for being accepted in J-land.  it makes me smile.
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

You list some very positive things on your journal to start the day out right. Very good pattern to get the day started. Thank you for sharing. Some people can really write good.. me... I have fun doing it. lol Yes, so happy that the winds have died down in Ca. Have a wonderful day. Janie

Anonymous said...

There are several journals I love to read.  I don't even have a journal, but I love reading about those of you who do.  I would like to thank you for taking the time to write them....I enjoy them so much.  When I get home from work the first thing I do is check my e-mail alerts.

Thanks again
Hollie

Anonymous said...

Good things to be thankful for..

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet entry.  What we do w/o our journal buddies.  This has been such a good thing.  
Sonya