Thursday, October 11, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 11

Humor helps us to think out of the box.

The average child laughs about 400 times per day,

the average adult laughs only 15 times per day.

What happened to the other 385 laughs?

Anonymous

GOOD MORNING !

When I think about my day, which is mostly spent alone, I find far too few things to laugh about anymore. Last weekend and the one before that there was plenty to laugh about. But then I was with a lot of people. Guess I need to brush up on the daily SMILES a bit. A good belly laugh does do the soul so much good.

Today is the last day of the work week for me. I’ve got another long weekend ahead. Tomorrow is catch up day and then Saturday I go visit the campers and Sunday I’m headed to the ‘Apple Butter Festival’. I’ll have to make sure and recharge the camera batteries for sure.

It is THANKFULL Thursday so here is my list

I’m thankful for reasons to be together with family and friends

I’m thankful for my job that lets me enjoy a few of the ‘extras’ in my life

I’m thankful for cooler days

I’m thankful for vacation days

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable, even hopeful.

Bob Hope

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

Graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen amen for the cooler days

Anonymous said...

Have a good day it will soon be the weekend lol ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes....laughter and smiles are welcome...

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you have a wonderful weekend, how nice for you that you get a long one again.  Here's to you getting lots of laughs this weekend.  Joni

Anonymous said...

We must be complaining! lol I watched a video with this dog on You Tube and it was sooo funny. I am still smiling about it. lol Maybe take a peek at some dog or cat doing something funny. lol Apple Butter Festival sounds like a lot of fun. Have a wonderful day with smiles and blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your long weekend.  The festival sounds like tons of fun.      Hollie

Anonymous said...

I love laughter!  It can be contagious!  We need so much more of it in our lives.  We have so much to worry and stress about these days.  That festival sounds like fun!  Later, Linda  

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the late comment I had a sicky bug yesterday and didin't get around evryone after placing my posting in.Well I believe you know I love laughter.It is the best medicine anyday.Well may I say it is for me .I hope you have a wonderful time at the festival and look forward to pictures later.Enjoy your Friday off work,you so desrve a long weekend .I hope you get a few smiles today Friday and a little sunshine too.Have a great break.Safe journeys if you have to travel.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES