Tuesday, October 2, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 2

How often we forget

the little words of thanks,

of praise, or encouragement.

When we look back at our own life

we remember not the gifts

we have been given, but the smile,

the kiss, the praise

that has helped and enriched us.

We must pray not to forget

to give freely these "little things"

to everyone we meet today.

Barbara Cartland

GOOD MORNING !

Just a little reminder today about how important those words and actions are especially to those we love.

If you’re having a grumpy day, well…try smiling….you’ll get one back for sure!

Life is too short to waste it on anything negative. Every day we have the opportunity to brighten someone’s day and I for one find that a lot better than being a grouch.

I’m not perfect by any means and I certainly have my down moments, but I do the best I can with what I have.

The quote below is one of my favorites. It keeps popping up now and then . If we have been blessed, we should share those blessings. God didn’t make me a super star, but he did bless me with the ability to SMILE and I give thanks everyday for many reasons I have to make me turn my frown upside down.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.

Theodore Roosevelt

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart.

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspirational as always..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I'm smiling I hope the vibes reach over th epond to you.Lovely true words ones again.I hope you get many more smiles today and a little sunshine too.Lovely cute graphics as always, I love them.They make me smile alone and brighten my morning Thankyou.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasnad/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

oh how true this is, don't sweat the small stuff. Hope your having a great week so far.

Anonymous said...

yes you have been very blessed

Anonymous said...

good one and very true:-)

Anonymous said...

Very nice entry...and I agree!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

As ever,just the right sentiments,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quote! Yes, that is all we can do... do our best. Cute... frown upside down. lol Have a lot of happiness today. Blessings, Janie