Wednesday, October 10, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 10

Take a cup of kindness,

Mix it well with love,

Add a lot of patience

And faith in God above.

Helen Steiner Rice

Today blend kindness, love, and patience. Sift in a generous amount of faith. You’ll have a no-fail recipe for life.

Be patient and you will finally win, for a soft tongue can break hard bones.

Proverbs 25:15

GOOD MORNING !

Do you ever feel like half your life was spent waiting?  I really think half of mine was. The good Lord certainly wanted me to learn the value of patience. Of course the other half of my life has been spent in the Hide and Seek department so no wonder the days have gone by so fast.

Some of the best things in my life have come from being patient but I must say these were not easy lessons for sure. Now I’m just about done with the waiting and am doing more about the here and now by taking each day as it comes and appreciating all it has to offer.

It’s Over the Hump day already. After today we will be on the down hill slide into the weekend.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

In the rush of daily living it's easy to forget all the remarkable people, real or fictional, who have been part of your life. But if you just imagine they are near for a moment, you will realize that anyone who ever touched your heart is always with you, patiently waiting to emanate warmth and support whenever your remember to think of them.

Barbara Sher

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how true it is a bout waiting but someimtes we waste life waiting for kids to walk  to ride a bike to drive to get inhigh school...... when we should be enjoying each stage. I remember people saying I ll be glad whehn mine is potty trained when mine can walk and open thier own car doors and when they can ride a bike and so on and so on. I remember thinking I love this stage I really wish My kids could go back to 2 and 9 again and stay there. I loved when Rachael awas two and tracy nine.

Anonymous said...

It always comes to those who wait is the saying.I have lots of patience and I am blessed I have.I have needed plenty in my lifetime.I take every day at a time now and hope and prayers play a big part.Love the HSR verse as usual.Short but sweet.Happy for you that you are on the downhill slide as you say LOL!!I hope you get plenty smiles today and a little sunshine still shining in your part of the world,to warm your heart too.God has sent us a beautiful day again today .Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hubby is teaching me patience about moving to Mt. Juliet.  LOL
I've not been reading many journals lately and have had a few minutes to do so this morning.  Hope you have a wonderful over the hump day.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

You're right waiting is a big part of life.  I now try to think of it as looking forward to something instead of waiting.  Wow all that waiting for this or that was exhausting.  We have more rain this am, but are expecting a beautiful weekend in the forcast.  Hope you have a wonderful day.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Happy Hump day!
Good quote.
Love, Cassie

Anonymous said...

It sure took me a LONG time to get to where I am today! lol Great quotes as usual. Blessings, Janie