Saturday, October 20, 2007

CHAPTER 10 , PAGE 20

Light does not conquer darkness by pushing the darkness out of the way. Rather, the light comes into the darkness and transforms it with brilliant, positive energy.

In the same way, the obstacles in life are not conquered by fighting them on their own terms or attempting to push them out of the way. The best way to move past a difficult situation is to transform it with positive, productive energy.

 No matter how much you push against the darkness it will not go anywhere. Yet the moment you shine your light, the darkness is no more.

When you fight against your problems, all it usually accomplishes is to make them stronger and give them more validity. That's certainly not what you would ever intend. Instead, seek to transform those problems, those difficult situations, by virtue of your own positive values and efforts.

Focusing on what you're working toward is far better than being obsessed with whatever you think you're against. Rather than struggling against the situation, give the best you have to it.

Rather than fighting darkness with more darkness, transform that darkness by letting your light shine.

Ralph Marston

GOOD MORNING !

The other day I happened to read someone’s journal entry about lighting candles as a way to chase the gloomy days away. That got me to thinking about light and how important it is.

 I’ve already mentioned how affected I am by the lack of daylight hours.  Now I’m lighting more candles around the house and the warm cheery glow does help to lift the spirits. A lot of them are scented too, so it really smells good around here.

Keeping focused on what we need to do also brings light to our lives. When things are going wrong, dwelling on the past only makes it worse. Things like keeping your word. Respecting the property of others. That’s letting your light shine too. We ought to do it.

Today I’m going to try to keep that light in view and not even think about the darkness.

Let your light shine. Shine within you so that it can shine on someone else. Let your light shine. - Oprah Winfrey

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A sunrise is God's way of telling the world to lighten up.

May JOY find your heart and warm your soul

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting concept ,useing your light to take away the dark ,your good deeds to combat the bad etc ...you are so wise lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You are right light is so important, being in the dark breeds depression.  I've never been much of a candle fan, but when I get home I think I'll start lighting some, especially of dark days.  I'm on a little trip right now, will post when I get back.  Have a great weekend.  Oh and I already had a pleasant surprise this morn, so thank you.  JOni

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I light candles all the time.We just have to be careful they are watched and accidents do not happen from them.They certainly make my life brighter and my place smell better too .Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.I hope you have a lovely bright week/end.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYES

Anonymous said...

I like to light candles too. I use both the battery kind and regular. I put the regular one on the stove after supper and the whole house smells good and love the candle light too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry. Have a wonderful weekend. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I have tons of candle holders and am all out of candles, need to rememdy that, great idea....
Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Oh in the fall I always use lights and candles like lights on my fig trees and in door ways and little villages