Tuesday, October 23, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 23

Strange is our situation here upon earth.

Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why,

yet sometimes seeming to divine a purpose.

From the standpoint of daily life, however,

there is one thing we do not know:

that people are here for the sake of other people.

Albert Einstein

GOOD MORNING !

I think the toughest day of week is over now and the rest should be pretty easy. Monday’s are always slow going for me. Hopefully, I’ll pick up some speed today.

We had such a beautiful day yesterday. All our trees are finally starting to turn color now and with the bright blue sky we had it was awesome. Today is a totally different story though, weather wise it’s chilly, wet and downright gloomy out.

When I think of the states like California (with wild fires) and Georgia (with draught conditions) I just wish we could share some of our rain with them. They need it desperately.  I do hope you’ll join me in praying for them that they’ll be blessed with much needed rain and the help to get them over their difficulties.

Our great earth is full of so much water it does seem there should be a way to spread it around for those in need. Every day things like rain, that we who have it take for granted, are such precious commodities.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Unless we can hear each other singing and crying,

unless we can comfort each other's failures

and cheer each other's victories,

we are missing out on the best that life has to offer.

The only real action takes place

on the bridge between people.

Author Unknown

Life can be hard.

Help another person take it easy.

I am here for you.

You are here for me.

We are here for others.

May JOY find your heart and warm your soul!

MA

 

 

Graphics by:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I pray the fires may soon be doused,and no more fatalities ,it would be bad enough to lose your home ,I love the picture of you and your sister dancing ,barefoot too ,how lovely ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yes we are finally getting much needed rain Ihope it will turn the leaves around to color

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and sister dancing.Thats what life is for enjoying.I see like me at times you have to take off the shoes LOL.I just love your dress and jacket it looks lovely on you.Your hair suits you so much in that style too.I do hope the fires are able to be contained and I shall pray hard for rain for these parts of the world, who so much need it.It is like a summers day here in my part of England today and the town is realy busy with visitors to the coastline, as it is half term this week for schools in England.The beach will be very busy if this sun continues.Not very often do we get weather like this in October.So joy has found my heart and warmed my soul today Thankyou.I hope the same for you.Have  a lovely Tuesday.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasnad.http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture of you and your sister ~ looks like you are having fun ~
I hope the people in California get that much needed rain they need so badly ~ Those fires look terrible and must be so frightening to be near ~  Ally x

Anonymous said...

What a great photo...thanks for sharing.
Our trees are hitting their peak, so it seems.  Hope you have a lovely Tuesday...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Mondays are usually not a good day for me either. lol In my prayers, Ca. & Ge. Yes it gives you a good feeling when you can help each other with hurts and etc. Have a wonderful day with blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

You & your sister look like you're having a BALL!  Thanks for your prayers...I live in NW GA.  It's sooo dry here.  Most of our creeks & streams have dried up, & the river that most of our county gets it's water from is very close to drying up itself.  Today we are getting some rain though, but we need soooo much to help our rainfall deficit.  Please continue to pray for us and those in CA.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

U go girl!  Dancing and laughing will keep you young.
Good post.

Anonymous said...

I just loved that picture of you dancing!! What fun you had!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Your photo made my day!!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at you! Great photo!!
Linda :)