Saturday, October 13, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 13

There`s a goblin as green as a goblin can be.

Who is sitting outside and is waiting for me.

When he knocked on my door and said softly, "Come play!"

I answered,"No thank you, now please,go away!"

But the goblin as green as a goblin can be.

Is still sitting outside and is waiting for me.

Trick or treat, trick or treat,

give us something good to eat.

Give us candy, give us cake,

give us something sweet to take.

Give us cookies, fruit and gum,

hurry up and give us some.

You had better do it quick or

we`ll surely play a trick.

Trick or treat, trick or treat,

 give us something good to eat.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I’m off to the campground early this morning and of course I’ll be taking my camera. I’ve lots of treats and goodies packed in my bag for the ‘trick or treaters’ andthose odd goblins and monsters that I’m sure will be there . It will be a fun day for all.

I was so thankful I got the car checked out yesterday as it happened that I had a broken spring just dangling down in the back. They tell me that if it would have let loose I’d have had a blow out in my tire. The good Lord must have sent my guardian angel to watch over me for sure.

Now it’s fixed and I’m so glad I caught in in time. Tomorrow morning we leave very early for the ‘Apple Butter’ festival and it will be a full day so I’m not sure when I’ll get the pictures up for you all to see.

It’s sunny here and should reach a high temp somewhere in the mid 60’s. That is just about perfect fall weather.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

TRY SMILING

When the weather suits you not, Try smiling.

When the coffee isn't hot, Try smiling.

When your neighbors don't do right,

Or your relatives all fight,

Sure 'tis hard, but then you might

Try smiling.

Doesn't change the things, of course -- Just smiling.

But it cannot make them worse -- Just smiling.

And it seems to help your case,

Brightens up a gloomy place,

Then, it sort o' rests your face -- Just smiling.

Author Unknown

May joy find your heart and warm your soul.

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:  www.graphicgarden.com

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait for your pics. Thank you Lord for taking care of my friend

Anonymous said...

You are right someone up there was taking care of you re the car ,enjoy the Apple Butter day sounds fun ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your car fixed before anything happened ~ your Guardian Angel surely was watching over you ~ Have a loverly time at the "Apple Butter" festival sounds like you will be having a lot of fun ~ look forward to seeing pics of the day ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Thank God He watches over us!  Sounds like you have a fabulous weekend planned.  We finally got a cool morning -- it's finally dropped to 70 degrees!!  It's a cold snap!  :)  Have fun and I'll be looking for the pictures!  Blessings, Linda  

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that the Lord kept you safe.  Isn't HE good?  Enjoy today at the campground.....I can't wait to see your pics.  Tomorrow sounds like great fun also.

Holllie

Anonymous said...

I'm smiling :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/   Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a fun time.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Aww what  a lovely post today.I realy love these verses you find and put in your blog.I hope you have a wonderful time I am happy the weather will be just right for you all.Happy Trick Or Treating LOL!! FUN FUN FUN.OH! how glad I am too you had the car checked.Thank goodness.Yes GOD IS GOOD he was right there with you.I am sure you will get plenty smiles today.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Lord was looking after you with the broken spring...
Hope you have a very nice Sunday...looking forward to the photos...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Trick or Treat!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you will have a wonderful time. Praise the Lord about the spring! God is awesome! Wishing you many smiles :-) Janie