Saturday, October 27, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 27

TODAY is a most unusual day,

because we have never lived it before;

we will never live it again;

it is the only day we have.

TODAY can be a healthy unusual day for you—

and for others—if you take time to give someone a smile…

to express a word of kindness…to lend a helping hand

to someone in need...to write a note of gratitude…

to give a word of encouragement to someone

who is temporarily overcome with problems…

to share a portion of your material possessions with others.

LOSE YOURSELF in generous service

and every day can be a most unusual day,

a triumphant day, an abundantly rewarding day!

William Arthur Ward

GOOD MORNING !

I hope all is well with all of you today and that you will have a most ‘unusual ‘ day today too.

As I’m just starting to wake up here and am sipping my good coffee, I really have no unusual plans. I guess we’ll just see what the day brings.

I got home with the ‘loaner’ car from the repair shop last night and will go get the car when they call . Other wise I’m home and have lots to do here.

It is a chilly one here and there is a nip in the air.  It's funnny how things smell differently in the changing seasons. 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Every morning when you wake up,

you are given another day of life.

This gift of life is precious.

To say that it’s precious is

really a colossal understatement.

Being alive is more valuable

than anything else that one can own and possess.

The greater your appreciation for being alive,

the more enthusiastic you will be

when you wake up each morning.

Your Creator gives you life this moment for a reason.

Your life is purposeful.

Just imagine the enthusiasm you are

going to experience when you realize that the Creator

and Sustainer of the universe is saying to you,

"I am giving you life this very moment.  Appreciate it."

Rabbi Zelig Pliskin

Cherish your yesterdays;

Dream your tomorrows;

But live your todays.

 

May JOY find your Heart and warm your Soul.

MA

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes we are having a short fall with the lack of rain all the leaves are just falling since we got wind and rain. yes we did get SOME color thankfully but not alot. hope you get your car back all done

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing.  Your journal entries really make one think.  Thanks!  I hope when you get your car back there will be NO MORE PROBLEMS!!  I know how frustrating that is.  Have a good day.

Hollie

P.S.  I hope it's a "most unusual one."

Anonymous said...

I'm up at an unusual hour for a Saturday and it will be an unusually quiet day with son2 gone for the day and then the day will end on an unusual note being at a halloween party, lol...
Hopefully nothing unusual is wrong with the car and it's as good as new soon.....
Enjoy the day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Yes each day is different ,and yes the smell is a different one as the seasons change ,have a lovely restful weekend ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I have almost made the best of my todays and I have had lots of smiles along the way too.I am just home from a very hecktic day out which I will show in my next posting.I hope you ahve a lovely Saturday and the car is soon fixed.Yes I smell the cool evening approaching now.Though we did get more sun this afternoon.Now at 4pm though I can smell it changing as you say.RIGHT where is my central heating button LOL!!I feel blessed to have a nice cosy home to curl up inand I am praying hard  for the poor things, who do not have one anymore, in California.Lets hope for a miracle and that rain comes along for them,to help those service men in there enormous task.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http;//journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Love the quote about Today. So true. It is cool here this morning but the sun is shinning. :-) Great entry. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I have often wondered why people do not smile, nod or say hello to people as they pass by.  It brightens up your day and for some people it might be the only time anyone acknowledges them at all.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Yes, we all have to remember to live for today, whatever that brings us.  It's so easy for us to be looking forward to something and forget to take advantage of the day we have.  Thank you so much for your great entries.  Joni