Monday, October 29, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 29

THE TOP 10 RULES FOR THE GOOD LIFE

By: Thomas Jefferson

1. Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

2. Never trouble another for what you can do yourself.

3. Never spend your money before you have it.

4. Never buy what you do not want because it is cheap; it will never be dear to you.

5. Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold.

6. Never repent of having eaten too little.

7. Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly.

8. Don't let the evils which have never happened cost you pain.

9. Always take things by their smooth handle.

10. When angry, count to ten before you speak; if very angry, count to one hundred.

GOOD MORNING !

I had some good news last night. DS#4 and his family will be coming home and will be here THURSDAY EVENING. Now I’ll have to think about what’s for dinner??? They will be here just til Monday morning and then leave for home.

This is an unexpected visit as DD is having her graduation party from her Dental School on Saturday. We are all very proud of her for doing this. She’s a certified Dental Assistant (or Technician – I’m not sure of the title) now and already has a job. So I guess DS#4 wanted to be able to celebrate with her.

That’s one thing I must say about my babes – they do support each other whether it’s a celebration or a disappointment, they pretty much hang together when at all possible. That is what FAMILY is all about for sure.

The Newlyweds will also be home so I’ll be having a full house this weekend. Wow! I’ll be spending this week getting ready for them all. The house is topsy turvy right now and I’ll have lots to do.

How’s that for a surprise? I never know from one day to the next what the good Lord will provide. And I really do believe it is all in His plan. I’m flexible and will go with the flow. Right now though I’ve got to finish getting ready and

I owe ,I owe

Off to Work I go…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I KNOW SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT YOU

Wouldn't this old world be better,

If the folks we meet would say:

I know something good about you,

And then treat us just that way!

Wouldn't it be fine and dandy,

If each hand-clasp warm and true

Carried with it this assurance --

I know something good about you!

Wouldn't things here be more pleasant,

If the good that's in us all

Were the only things about us

That folks bothered to recall!

Wouldn't life be lots more happy

If we'd praise the good we see!

For there's such a lot of goodness

In the worst of you and me.

Wouldn't it be nice to practice

This fine way of thinking too;

You know something good about me,

I know something good about you! 

 Author Unknown

May JOY find your heart and warm your soul!

MA

 

Graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you will soon rectify that topsy turvyness,if I know you.I am so happy the family are to be with you and "Congratulations" to DD and her new title.Brilliant isn't it.Yes it's nice when couples pull together,whether it be bad or good,if only more would do so.Iv'e been flexible since 5am this morning LOL!! Done  a little domestic engineering,catch up on a few alerts,to brightens someones morn I hope in J/land.Aready done that washing,polished and hoovered the bedrooms etc.LOL!! A woman has to be flexible haaa.I love the verse at the end you have shared in your post today,and yes it would be something lovely,wouldn't it? Have a wonderful day, even if it is I owe I owe.,off to work you go.I hope someone gives joy to YOUR heart today and warms YOUR soul too.I have to go now and be a little bit more flexible he-he, (PHEW) !! And it i sonly 10-30am now LOL!!!A womans work is never done .Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

May you have the JOY that you give all of us.

Anonymous said...

OH i so hope you share LOTS AND LOTS O F PIC

Anonymous said...

So glad your family is coming what would we do without them.  Looking forward to some photos.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you...please share your visits in pic's...and your wonderful words too.
Have a great day...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I love the 10 tips!  Is DS, dear son?  If so how many sons and daugthers do you have?  Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you will have your family home!! I know you will have such a fun time and I hope you take lots of pictures to share. Congrats to DD for graduating!!
Hugs..Pam

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are going to be very busy, but enjoy your family.  Have a good day.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Have fun, good post, I printed this out..
hugs, cassie

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so lucky to have your family coming, do have a good time and don't wear yourself out cleaning house, remember they're coming to see you not your house.  Good advice for myself too.  Loved your entry.  Joni

Anonymous said...

That's when my house gets the cleanest, when company is coming, lol, then I am motivated.....
Enjoy your family time!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

You have the best quotes. That is great about your son and your daughter. I always have lots of things to do in my house. lol Have a good day tomorrow and glad that you get to have your children home for a visit. God Bless, Janie