Sunday, October 14, 2007

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 14

 

THE OHIO BUCKEYE TREE

 

A LITTLE STORY FOR YOU THIS MORNING…

A man used to grumble at the food his wife placed before him at meal time. Then he would ask the blessing.

One day after his usual combination complaint and prayer his little girl asked, "Daddy, does God hear us when we pray?"

"Why, of course," he replied. "He hears us every time we pray."

"And does he hear everything we say the rest of the time?"

"Yes, every word," he replied, encouraged that he had inspired his daughter to be curious about spiritual matters.

Innocently she burst his bubble with her next question. "Then which does God believe?"

Think about it, I am for sure…

 A Smaller tree

GOOD MORNING !

We are leaving here bright and early this morning. It takes almost 2 hours to DS#6’s place where we will pick them up and head to their church first thing this morning. Then we’ll travel to the Apple Butter Festival about ½ hour away from there. Lots and lots of driving today.

When we get to the festival there will be lots and lots of walking to do too. I’ll probably be one tired out old lady when I get home, but you know that when I have a chance to get together with some of my babes, I always make the most of the opportunity.

More pictures will be coming of our day, but I probably won’t get to enter them until tomorrow. I hope you got to look at the ones I put up last evening of the day with the campers. It’s been a great weekend.

To answer one of the questions in my comments yesterday- My dulcimer buddy is one of my dear friends that also plays a musical instrument known as the dulcimer.  There are 3 of us that get together every month to do this.  I play a mountain lap dulcimer.  I'll have to put  some pictures up of that in a future post.

BLOSSOMS IN THE SPRING

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

3 THINGS IN LIFE

That once gone, never come back

1. TIME

2. WORDS

3. OPPORTUNITY

Three Things that can destroy a person

1. Anger

2. Pride

3. Unforgiveness

Three things that you should never loose

1. Hope

2. Peace

3. Honesty

Three things in life that are the most valuable

1. Love

2. Family and friends

3. Kindness

Three things in life that are never certain

1. Fortune

2. Success

3. Dreams

Three things in life that make a person who they are

1. Commitment

2. Honesty

3. Hard work

Three things in life that are constant

1. Father

2. Son

3. Holy Spirit

I asked the Lord to bless you as I pray for you today

To guide you and protect you as you go along your way

God’s love is always with you

God’s promises are true

And when you give God all your cares

You know that God will see you through

Author Unknown, but also expressed from me to you

 The Buckeye

May JOY find your heart and warm your soul,

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the day!!
I'm off to work and then the pumpkin patch....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Golly, I haven't seen a buckeye since I was a kit.  Course that was back when I was growing up in Ohio!!  Great story.  I've got to pay more attention to the discrepancies in my talking and praying!!  Thanks for that reminder!  :)  Have a blessed Sunday with your family.  Linda  

Anonymous said...

Lovely words once again I read here.Yes the pictures were truly great I so enjoyed them.I am so happy you had a well earned happy time with your family once again.Graphics are lovely too in here.Lovely picture of the large Buckeye tree and rainbow.Looking forwand to your next post.Safe Journeys home Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I just love it here.  A beautiful start to my day.  As for the long day ahead of you, you might be tired at the end but it is well worth it.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/   Tracy

Anonymous said...

The pictures of your family of wonderful.  What  a neat place for them to go with the kids and have fun.  Do they own their lot?  Seems like they're always in the same spot.  I loved the little cabin.  Have fun today too!  Joni

Anonymous said...

Liked the story makes you think.  That buckeye looks very much like our conkers we get from the Horse Chestnut tree.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry as usual. Oh that is great that you play a mountain top dulcimer! Would like to hear you play it. Have a wonderful time with lots of laughter and blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see your pics