Saturday, September 30, 2006

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 30

A circus owner walked into a restaurant to see everyone crowded around a table watching a little show. On the table was an upside down pot and a duck tap dancing on it.

The circus owner was so impressed that he offered to buy the duck from its owner. After some wheeling and dealing they settled for $10,000 for the duck and the pot.

Three days later, the circus owner runs back to the restaurant in anger, "Your duck is a rip-off! I put him on the pot before a whole audience and he didn't dance a single step!"

"So?" asked the duck's former owner, "did you remember to light the candle under the pot?"

Did you remember to light your candle?

Have a great day!

From Alan Smith’s Thought for Today

GOOD MORNING !

Candles are great for bringing light in the darkness. Our lives are like candles that can shine for all to see. On these gloomy days of Autumn I light a lot of candles around the house…what I need to do is remember that my life may be a candle for someone else.

I need to stop complaining and start praising more. There is so much good around that sometimes, we let the bad stuff overwhelm us and push aside all the great things that are happening.

Thanksgiving is almost 2 months away, but I think I’ll start myTHANKFUL LIST today !

Today I’m very THANKFUL for the gift of family and friends, I am so blessed!

Thought for Today !

Do not sit and idly wish for wider,

new dimensions

Where you can put in practice

all your good intentions,

But at the spot God placed you,

begin at once to do

 Little things to brighten up

the lives surrounding you.

Helen Steiner Rice

I hope your day is blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol at the duck and the candle.  I love candles and often have them burning. Have a lovely weekend.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

yES THERE ALOT OF BLESSING AROUND US THAT WE MISS WHEN WE CONSENTRATE ON THE BAD.  ME..i DO THAT ALOT. i WORRY ABOUT EVERYONE. tO THE POINT OF IT BEING UNHEALTHY FOR ME. i ALSO dONT WANT TO SEEM LIKE I DONT CARE..SOMEWHERE THERE IS A HAPPY MEDIUM...
i LIKE YOUR DUCK JOKE  POOR DUCKY!!
lOVE cHRISTINE

Anonymous said...

Two things: 1.  Sometimes I forget "the lives surrounding me" and just think of one life...mine.  Thanks for reminding me.     2.  Sometimes I forget  that it is the stress of burning that makes a candle glow and it is the discomfort of a hot pot that makes the duck dance.  In everything be thankful......Again thank you for reminding me.
http://journals.aol.com/magran42/FazeDaze/




Anonymous said...

Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hello friend!
The time has come
It's here at last!
Click the link
And do it fast!
Prepare yourself, oh
You must be brave!
For Halloween is
out from it's grave.
http://journals.aol.com/memes121/Halloween/

Anonymous said...

Hi there.  According to my bloglines you have made 14 entries since my last visit.  I haven't been reading many journals and don't do too well catching up do I?
I hope you are having a good weekend.  I am enjoying mine so far.
Worship day tomorrow.  I've been thinking a lot about Thanksgiving too.  And not only what we are thankful for but who is cooking what. My Mom is up to cooking the turkey and dressing this year.  LOL.

Anonymous said...

LOL I would run a little faster with a candle light underneath me too. Love it. Have a great day and hope your Sunday was good.

Anonymous said...

I dont think your are a complainer. (I m back from camping catching up. ) and I love your story up top and hope you have a good time at the festival