Tuesday, September 12, 2006

CHAPTER 9. PAGE 12

The light you shined upon me,

brighter than a field of fireflies,

Lifted my saddened spirits,

And it opened up my eyes.

A warm breeze passed

Under the starlit sky

Like it carried the answers

To all the times I ever asked "why?"

It left behind a few replies,

To questions I had wondered about...

It blessed me with a mind of faith,

Which swept away my doubt.

This summer's really changed a lot,

My soul feels like brand new;

My heart sings like it should now,

And it's all because of you...

Author unknown

Good Morning

Saying goodbye to Summer isn’t easy. Fall used to be my favorite time of year. Beautiful colors outside and fragrant aromas inside. Once again the oven can go on and apple and pumpkin pies can be baked. Chile or Stew bubbling in the pot is always a treat on a cool fall day. It seems like it just comes too soon. The brief warm days of fall will soon turn cold and dreary.

Today is my Dad's 83rd birthday and I’ll be going out to help him celebrate a bit after work. My two sisters will be there and maybe DD and her hubby.

Thought for Today

Through a happy springtime

And a summer filled with love,

May we walk into the autumn

With our thoughts on God above.

Helen Steiner Rice

Today value the beauty of the changing season. No matter the time of year there is evidence that God is near.

MA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah IM ready for fall and all the visits to apple orchards

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. Have a good time.  Summer does go away way to fast. It's hard to believe that Fall is almost here.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your Dad!!!!
Hope you have a good time.
I love fall.  I do I do I do.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dad!!!
Linda :)