Wednesday, September 13, 2006

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 13

I don't wanna say goodbye for the summer

Knowing the love we'll miss

Oh let us make a pledge to meet in September

And seal it with a kiss

Guess it's gonna be a cold lonely summer

But I'll fill the emptiness

I'll send you all my love every day in a letter

Sealed with a kiss.

Bobby Vinton

GOOD MORNING !

The words above are from an old song. I remember them well. We used to sign our letters and notes with SWAK (sealed with a kiss) back in my High School days.

Maybe it's still used today...

It’s been in the low 70’s during the day here so far this week and much cooler at night. This weekend though, it’s supposed to be back up in the 80’s.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

In the garden, Autumn is, indeed

the crowning glory of the year,

bringing us the fruition of months

of thought and care and toil.

And at no season,

safe perhaps in Daffodil time,

do we get such superb colour effects

as from August to November.

Rose G. Kingsley,

The Autumn Garden, 1905

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart .

MA

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hum first I ever heard of swak lol i see your pumkin face up top. yeah suppose to cool down today here in sixties finally again

Anonymous said...

It's the 3rd rainy day here but tomorrow we are supposed to see the sun again and it should warm up a bit too, believe it or not we had to turn the heat on to get the dampness and chill out of the house. Hope you are enjoying nice days now  and sunshine again, Sandra

Anonymous said...

love the picture how cute. Summer is almost over. It goes by way to fast.

Anonymous said...

Another tooth....another milestone.

Anonymous said...

that grin is too cute!
I am so loving these 70's... now to figure out how to get the tempurature in the house as low as the temps outside. I hear the air conditioner kicking on. but if I open the windows, it just gets hotter in here. very complexing...
Linda :)