Monday, September 4, 2006

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 4

Time cannot be halted

In its swift and endless flight

For age is sure to follow youth

Like day comes after night.

Helen Steiner Rice

Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.

Psalm 71:9

Last day of my 4 day weekend ! It sure went by fast.

Today I’m hoping to finish up the closet switch and the fall decorating. I’ve gotta get every thing ready for the new work week ahead. At least it will be a short one.

In case anyone wants to know how to make that Cherry Upside down Cake in cast iron cookware …Here is how it’s done

First you need a well seasoned and oiled cast iron dutch oven pot that has a lid. You mix a regular yellow cake mix up and you’ll need 1 can cherry pie filling.

Line your pot with a large piece of foil. Pour in cherry pie filling, then the cake mix that’s already mixed up following package directions Cover with lid.

Sit the pot on a bed of hot coals from the fire pit. Then cover and surround with more hot coals. This bakes for 20 minutes and then remove from coals. Let sit and finish baking for at least ½ hour. Remove lid and lift out cake in the foil, flip over onto a plate. Let cool a bit--- it’ll be very hot. It’s best eaten warm.

Really easy and really good.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but what he becomes by it.

John Ruskin

I hope your day is blessed by a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I put pineapples in my cherry upside down cake and its wonderful. yummy sweet with a touch of brown sugar.

Anonymous said...

I was blessed with a smile when you stopped by my little entry today. Thank you.
I loved the pictures you posted. Everyone looks so happy. : )
Enjoy your holiday,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh I enjoyed your pics so much.  You have a great family.  I know you love to visit the campsite.
Sonya