Friday, September 22, 2006

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 22

I believe God created nature and the world as we know it not only for our enjoyment and benefit, but also as our teacher.

Nature teaches that periods of stillness, of turning inward, periods of rest, are necessary for all of God’s creation.

Perhaps that is why God created autumn to be so beautiful, to encourage us to lose ourselves in the stillness for awhile in order to prepare for our next season of growth.

Found while surfin’ the net but expressed deeply by me also

GOOD MORNING !

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny, but cool fall day here in Ohio. Work was busy , but not so busy that I didn’t get all my work done. Everything was in order when I left for the evening.

I didn’t get a lunch hour, but the boss came in and I was able to leave at the usual 4:00. That was good, because it gave me an extra hour to enjoy the sunshine !

I was thinking on the way home how absolutely blessed we are ! We have some of the most beautiful country side and I get to see it everyday ! Some are not so fortunate.

Today is F R I D A Y and our weather man is predicting rain for most of the weekend. But you can bet I’ll be making my own ‘sunshine’ !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Life is like a rocking chair...you've got to push it to make it go.

 

I hope your day is blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes IM loving this fall weather

Anonymous said...

it rained in IL. most of the day yesterday but today Saturday looks like a beautiful fall day. Happy you got to leave work early. I would rather not take lunch and leave everyday at 4. LOL. I don't need to eat anyway. Have a great day.