Sunday, September 24, 2006

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 24

Summer time is gone my friends

It slowly comes but quickly ends.

It's been replaced by time called Autumn.

Nature changes hues from top to bottom

Green gives way to red and gold.

A lovely vision to behold.

Whirling leaves go blowing by

Carrying smells of pumpkin pie.

The air turns crisp the sky fades grey.

Indian corn and bales of hay.

Overcoats and apple cider.

No more evenings on the glider.

The harvest moon so orange and round

Holidays will soon abound.

Chrysanthemum petals start to unfold

A lovely vision to behold.

Author Unknown.

GOOD MORNING !

I’m going to miss those evenings outside …being house bound is not my favorite thing. I get home from work and before you know it it’s dark outside. I can’t go for a walk or sit on the patio and watch the hummers dart in and out…

With Autumn officially now here our daylight hours will get fewer and fewer. I found some light bulbs that are supposed to make natural light…and slowly I’m replacing those around my house with them. I thought that maybe that would help.

I’m off to church this morning and then going on a little trip with my dulcimer buddies. I’ll hopefully have some pictures to show you tomorrow.

I’ll be saying a little prayer for all of you today !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Autumn is a second spring

When every leaf's a flower.

by Albert Cames

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh IM so loving this fall temps

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your dulcimer buddies
and Have a great Monday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I love Fall but like you, will dislike being housebound. That won't happen for awhile yet; not till the wind and rain come. I'm blessed to live in Oregon in the winter. Our winters, at least where I live, are not as severe as they are in the mid west
and back east. Have a good day.
Hugs, love & prayers
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THROUGHGOD'SEYES

Anonymous said...

It is dark here now by 7 p.m. and the street lights go on just before then.  However, the weather is still very humid and unseasonably warm all around.  The leaves have a little brown tinging to the edges but nothing much.  I am going to look into one of those winter lights because I tend to get depressed in the winter due to lack of light.  As for being housebound, I am used to that.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I hope you have some nice pictures to share.... I missed Mass for the first time in years today.... they changed the schedule and I even looked at a bullitin for the Mass schedule and the Last mass was already going on in fact it was almost finished by the time we got there.... and we sat and waited to go to this mass too.... Now we know and it will be 10 am Mass from now on I guess..... You think by my age I would know what time Mass is ,,,,, Leo said we would have to watch on tv this week..... SAndra

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to invite you to my journal friend! Tammy

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/cgferrer71/christineg34/
Id like to invite you to share journals. I really like yours...
Christine

Anonymous said...

hope you had a great weekend and now back to work. Yeah. LOL.