Thursday, September 14, 2006

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 14

Try to remember the kind of September

When life was slow and oh so mellow

Try to remember the kind of September

When grass was green and grain so yellow

Try to remember the kind of September

When you were a young and a callow fellow

Try to remember and if you remember

Then follow--follow, oh-oh -

Try to Remember, Lyrics by Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt

GOOD MORNING

It seems there is lots written about September ! Lots of poems and songs Here we are almost the middle of this month already and I’m wondering – where is the time going to. I’ve not been good at doing much of anything and before you know it the Holidays will be upon us.

We had lots of rain the past 2 or 3 days. I guess we needed it, but not anymore. Yesterday was one of those loooong 10 hour ones again. When I took the beagle out before going to bed the stars were out .  We’ll be seeing what today brings…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Sorrow and scarlet leaf,

Sad thoughts and sunny weather.

Ah me, this glory and this grief

Agree not well together!

Thomas Parsons, 1880, A Song For September

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart.

MA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes the fall air is out at times and the days are so much shorter. I mr eady for fall butyes its zooming past fast

Anonymous said...

I love that September song.  It finally quit raining here but is still gray and overcast.  I think I need some hot coco.  

Anonymous said...

I could never do those 10hr days you do... I'm missing my 6hr days and having trouble with just 7hrs... lol...
Linda :)