Sunday, September 10, 2006

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 10

As I Grow Old

God keep my heart attuned to laughter

When youth is done;

When all the days are gray days, coming after

The warmth, the sun.

 God keep me then from bitterness,

from grieving,

When life seems cold;

God keep me always loving and believing

As I grow old.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I thought the poem above was appropriate for Grandparents Day. This holiday isn’t celebrated by everyone, but it is on the calendar for today.

The joys of my life these days are my children and my grandchildren. I call them my ‘babes’ It seems that my life would consist of very little without them all. So I’m celebrating Grandparents Day because that means that first of all --I’m a parent.

The good Lord certainly has blessed me over and over and for that I’m truly grateful.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Grandparents bestow upon their grandchildren

The strength and wisdom that time

And experience have given them.

Grandchildren bless their Grandparents

With a youthful vitality and innocence

That help them stay young at heart forever.

Together they create a chain of love

Linking the past with the future.

The chain may lengthen,

But it will never part...

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, lovely pictures. Yes, grandchildren are truly such a blessings. Getting older does have its compensations.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

just catching up after camping.!!!!!!! your so lucky to have grandbabies!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

have a great grandparents day. What cute grandchildren you have.