Friday, September 29, 2006

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 29

Autumn

Emily Dickinson

The morns are meeker than they were,

The nuts are getting brown;

The berry's cheek is plumper,

The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,

The field a scarlet gown.

Lest I should be old-fashioned,

I'll put a trinket on.

GOOD MORNING !

It’s Friday ! The end of the work week has come once again and I’ve lots to do when I get home this evening so I’ll be ready to leave here at 6:30 in the morning to go to the Ren Fest. It’s a long 3 hour drive that I’m not looking forward to do twice in one day.

The festival opens at 10:30 so I’m leaving extra time for us to stop for breakfast on the way. Of course there is always lots of good food there to enjoy so we’ll probably be eating on and off most of the day ! The good thing is that we’ll be doing plenty of walking once we get there, so that’ll help wear off some of those calories. Here is a link to where we are going http://www.renfestival.com/

and yes, we all dress in costumes of the times…Medieval that is . Some are quite beautiful !

Meanwhile I do have to get through this work day first !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Value the friends you have while they're around; you never know when they'll be gone.

Darin Gosling

I hope your day is blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always LOVED Emily Dickenson!  Thanks for reminding me of her.

Anonymous said...

it sure sounds like a lot of fun. Have a good time tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Your Thought for the Day is particularly poignant. This past week one very good friend had a massive heart attack and she is now waiting with a heart pump and in a drug induced coma for a heart transplant that could take many months to happen. A second best friend was told her breast cancer was back, for the third time. She said they have not told her how much time she has left, but she knows she cannot beat this disease. Sad really. So, yes, do appreciate your friends cause life happens and takes them away all too quickly sometimes. Your day tomorrow sounds like fun. Long car ride there and back, but I am sure you will enjoy it and we can see pictures soon.

Anonymous said...

I went with my hubby to one of those festivals...well didnt know you were suppose to dress up... We literally were the only ones not dressed up.. it was very fun. and everyone was into character and costume. Have a great time!!! Enjoy the drive...
Love Christine

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a lovely time at the Festival. Dressing up is so much fun, I used to love it.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Have fun!
and Have a great weekend!
Linda :)